Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: It's Our Tuesday Coffee Break! What's On YOUR Mind?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (301-310):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

lol wow maybe I'll think about it.. It would be great to sleep all night.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Oh, I know that feeling.  But they aren't there watching.  they are in another room, probably watching TV and periodically checking to make sure the equipment is still working.  If you aren't sleeping well, consider it.  I felt silly going in because I basically function and while annoying, I didn't think exploding head or sleep paralysis was dangerous, and the nurse told me a story of a woman who never woke up feeling rested, and it turns out she'd have seizures before reaching REM cycles!  The only symptom the woman really experienced was fatigue, but it was a major medical concern.  She assured me too many people play off sleep issues, but changes in sleep patterns or chronic fatigue are some early indicators to some terrible problems.

And once I got settled it was kind of nice.  In an odd way it was like having my Mom check on me throughout the night.  She'd pop in, check the electrodes, tuck the blanket back down, and gingerly pat my shoulder from time to time.  LOL

Quoting goddess99:

I don't think I would be able to fall asleep. Knowing people are watching me and stuff lol.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

You should get a sleep study!  Without insurance mine would have cost just under $600.  So it is doable.  They aren't as bad as people think.  But if you have insurance, ask for a referral for one.  They hook you up to all these electrodes and monitors, but then the bed is like a comfy hotel bed in a tiny hotel room.  you run some calibration tests, like blink X times, twitch your leg, etc.  Then, you just lay back and fall asleep.

Quoting goddess99:

Oh I know what you mean. I've always had a hard time sleeping and my dh just sleeps like a baby everynight. pisses me off lol.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LOL

It is a REALLY COOL NAME for something that is not so cool!

Basically, just before or during a REM cycle you think you hear a noise, and wake up instantly alert and pumped with adrenaline.  It takes a while to get back to sleep because of the adrenaline.  And, you have to convince yourself you didn't hear said noise.  (Like your name being called, or a sudden bang.)

And thanks.  It's been over 5 years since I've had a proper night's sleep.  I get by, some weeks are better than others.  But I want to sleep like DH does.  I get so jealous when I pop awake and see him there, sleeping calmly for 8 hours at a time.

Quoting goddess99:

Oh gezz, exploding head syndrome doesn't sound good at all. Hope they can help you!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I had a sleep study Sunday night.  It was AWFUL and I'm still tired.  And now I'm anxious about what the results were.  I know I had exploding head syndrome and sleep paralysis while being monitored.  I just don't know what they plan to do about it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Hope you have a nice time with your son =)

Quoting mdawn028:

Didn't sleep good. Woke upat 1:00 a.m. kept waking up off and on then got up at 5:00 something this morning spent time with hubby before he went to work. Drank 2 or 3 cups coffee. Here with my dogs Cookie and Cheyanne. I have to do house work. My 21yr. Old son Thomas is supposed to come stay 2 nights with me and hubby. I am going to be glad to see him haven't saw him in a while. I am so tired today. How are u?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

Mils7
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I went to my first meet up event for moms in my area today. I liked it but I think I was too shy :(.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hello ladies!

I am on my lunch break eating a grilled chicken salad. I am feeling pretty good after my morning coffee lol. I just found out recently that I lost another pound, yay, go me! So I have officially lost 18 pounds since January. Just another 18 to go, but I am feeling fabulous and look pretty good for having a 4 month old :-)

Have a fantabulous day ladies!
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

What are you making her?

Quoting sweetr0se:

I am doing housework, crocheting mom a mother's day present, reading, & spending time online!

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh uh =/

Quoting Mabelina:

I woke up to an accident my large dog Mabel had during the night.  On hands and knees in hazmat gear.  Bad!

Beauty91805
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, it was just the first one, you'll eventually open up as you get to know some people.

Quoting Mils7:

I went to my first meet up event for moms in my area today. I liked it but I think I was too shy :(.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Where do you live? I'm in MI, it's chilly here.

Quoting mdawn028:

Good morning everyone how are u. Such a pretty spring day. Good day to go outside and enjoy the weather where I live.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

LOL fun!! Too bad he missed the field trip, hope he feels better soon!

Quoting IsmellP00h:

My boy is soooooo congested because it was so dusty windy yesterday he missed a field trip dam allergies!!!! But we're finding Easter eggs today lol so what? We celebrate Christmas on Halloween! Lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Enjoy your me time!

Quoting pgel43:

Hello  Michelle 

normally I'd be running around all day  but today I'm taking time for myself  before my girls get home from daycare... hope you have a good  day

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)