Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I am in pain and not sure what to do.

Posted by   + Show Post
I was speed walking out to the car when I landed in a big hole in the ground and fell. I rolled my ankle and it made a popping sound. I'm assuming I just twisted it or something. I couldn't walk on it earlier. Now I can walk on it as long as I walk with just the ball of my heel down and the rest of my foot pulled up a bit. I tried wrapping an ice pack in a tshirt since direct ice hurt too much. But it kept making my foot go numb and get tingling pains shooting through my foot.

What the heck can I do to ease the pain? It swelled up some but its mostly back to normal now. The pain is in my ankle and the top of my foot by my ankle. There is one small harder bump and one of bigger puffy bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Replies (21-27):
chattycassie
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM

ice on 20 min off 20 min

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try once the monsters are in bed! I had it wrapped in an ace bandage for awhile earlier until my foot kept tingling and went numb. It wasn't even tight my foot has been going numb even without one on, so frustrating!

Quoting chattycassie:

ice on 20 min off 20 min

preacherskid
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM

When soft tissues swell and are inflamed they can put pressure on nerves.  It sounds like you need to see a doctor, get the foot checked out for any damage other than soft tissues.  At the very least they can give you a boot to support your foot as it heals.

Quoting splatz:

Thanks, I'll give it a try once the monsters are in bed! I had it wrapped in an ace bandage for awhile earlier until my foot kept tingling and went numb. It wasn't even tight my foot has been going numb even without one on, so frustrating!

Quoting chattycassie:

ice on 20 min off 20 min

CafeMom Tickers
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM

If you heard a "pop" you need to go to the Dr. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Eek! Get checked if your not feeling better mamma!

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Its actually slowly starting to feel better. It cracked/popped/something a bunch of times last night during all the storm craziness. It hurt like hell but I just had to push through to make sure the kids were ok. I think somehow I must have popped it back to like it was supposed to be or something. I can walk better today. It hurts still but not like yesterday thank goodness.

Quoting Pammi86:

Eek! Get checked if your not feeling better mamma!

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I always call the nurse line when I'm not sure what to do. I wish I had good advise for you. Hope it's feeling better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)