Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hello Ladies, are you struggling with something? Maybe I can help!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm reaching out because I know we all have struggles that get us stuck and sometimes we don't know how to move on.. 

Sometimes it helps to just vent out what you're dealing with, and allow someone to see it from the outside looking in. I've been through a lot of stuff in the past 20 years, including leaving an abusive husband and spending a few years in a womens shelter to get myself back on track... then moving on with life and raising four boys by myself. I've struggled with emotions and confidence and lack of self esteem.  I've learned a lot and if I can share with someone who is going through a tough time, I'd be so happy to try and help. Let me know via inbox if I can help... I'm here for you and am asking nothing in return. 

Teri. 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like we went through some similar things. I left an abusive husband and moved into a womens shelter for 6 months. Then I lived in transitional housing for 2 years. Its a long and hard journey but in the end I know I am stronger. Feel free to send me a friend request or message if you would like to chat. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Teri I am sorry u went through that it must have been tough my heart goes out to u. I bet your boys are good kids.U have been through a lot sounds like your boys have a wonderful mama. I bet they will thank u for what u did for them when they grow up. U are a strong good person reaching out to others as u are. Also taking care of your boys on your own. You did the right thing by talking to others. There are a lot of moms that go through tough times and some don't always talk to others u are doing the right thing by letting them talk to u. Keep up the good work mama. U are a good mama and a good person. Sincerely, Dawna
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tsmart
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Hi ladies thanks for the encouragement! It was tough but I'm way on the other side of it now, and because so many reached out and helped me to become who I am today, I just want to pass it forward in some small way. My boys are grown now, ages 22, 23, 24, and 25, and I even have a few grandbabies. (I am only 43 by the way) My sons are forever scarred by what they saw as small children and the absence of their father. One of my sons can not overcome the pain and has turned to meth as his comfort. He cannot break free :( despite all I've done to try and help him, the bottom line is he just does not want help. I experience both joy and pain today, but have found ways to cope with it and choose to live most of my days happy and content. I've met a wonderful man who truly loves me and has helped me through my struggles with my son as an addict, as well as any other problems I face. We've been married for 6 1/2 years! I have a blessed life and know that if I've come this far that others who are struggling today with issues can also find a way through them. I hope I can help!
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

What a sweet, caring person you are to reach out and try to help others. hugs

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome. I like reading the posts about women taking their life back instead of being controlled. Good for you!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting Janet:

MySweetChild
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree!! :)

Quoting Janet:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!!!  Thank you for reaching out...

Colter
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

How did you find the self-esteem?  I have always struggled with that.  Lately, it has been especailly bad.  I am in a dull relationship (friendship, but not love) with the father of my two kids.  We move a lot with his job and in this new area I can't seem to get a job as a teacher even though I am highly qualified with many years of experience.  

I know I need to move on in many ways, but I don't have the confidence.  I don't know how to get it either.  

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice of you to want to help others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)