Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hello Ladies, are you struggling with something? Maybe I can help!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm reaching out because I know we all have struggles that get us stuck and sometimes we don't know how to move on.. 

Sometimes it helps to just vent out what you're dealing with, and allow someone to see it from the outside looking in. I've been through a lot of stuff in the past 20 years, including leaving an abusive husband and spending a few years in a womens shelter to get myself back on track... then moving on with life and raising four boys by myself. I've struggled with emotions and confidence and lack of self esteem.  I've learned a lot and if I can share with someone who is going through a tough time, I'd be so happy to try and help. Let me know via inbox if I can help... I'm here for you and am asking nothing in return. 

Teri. 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Replies (11-13):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I am so sorry. Addiction is such a horrible thing. My mother was addicted to meth for years & eventually I just had to distance myself. Eventually she cleaned herself up but what she did came at a very heavy price. I hope he is able to get past this.

Quoting tsmart:

Hi ladies thanks for the encouragement! It was tough but I'm way on the other side of it now, and because so many reached out and helped me to become who I am today, I just want to pass it forward in some small way. My boys are grown now, ages 22, 23, 24, and 25, and I even have a few grandbabies. (I am only 43 by the way) My sons are forever scarred by what they saw as small children and the absence of their father. One of my sons can not overcome the pain and has turned to meth as his comfort. He cannot break free :( despite all I've done to try and help him, the bottom line is he just does not want help. I experience both joy and pain today, but have found ways to cope with it and choose to live most of my days happy and content. I've met a wonderful man who truly loves me and has helped me through my struggles with my son as an addict, as well as any other problems I face. We've been married for 6 1/2 years! I have a blessed life and know that if I've come this far that others who are struggling today with issues can also find a way through them. I hope I can help!

tsmart
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Hi There ;)

I sent you a private message yesterday. Feel free to reply and we can talk about your situation. 

tsmart
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Hello Colter,

When it comes to self esteem its really starting to change the way you think about yourself. It takes time and patience but it can happen. We believe negative things about ourselves and listen to others who are  negative to us. I think its human nature to gravitate toward negativity, which works against us. But when we start to examine the things about ourselves that are true, and the things that are false, we can start to belive the true things and reject the false. This starts to change our thinking and what we believe about ourselves. If you would like me to help you understand how this works, please reach out to me, I'm here for you and anyone else that would like to ask. Blessings!

Teri

Quoting Colter:

How did you find the self-esteem?  I have always struggled with that.  Lately, it has been especailly bad.  I am in a dull relationship (friendship, but not love) with the father of my two kids.  We move a lot with his job and in this new area I can't seem to get a job as a teacher even though I am highly qualified with many years of experience.  

I know I need to move on in many ways, but I don't have the confidence.  I don't know how to get it either.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)