Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever worked for the family business?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you worked for your family's business or do you currently? How did things end? Did you work for your parents or aunts/uncles? I want to hear your story....then ill share mine with you. (It's a really long story) so I look forward to hearing more bc I could really use some advice.
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (21-25):
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

unfortunate answer is yes. When I was in college, I worked for this italian restaurant, the owner was italian his wife did most of the bookkeeping. I waitress. He was so mean he would throw plates at the staff when he got mad.  Then he would go smoke dope in a closet while he watched soccer instead of cooking the dishes.Then at one piont the wife called allt he waitresses Beaotches, so we poured bleach in her plants instead of water and about 1/2 of us quit. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Sorry I'm no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I worked for my grandma's real estate business when I was in college. It worked out well. My sister, several aunts and cousins have worked for her business over the years. Just the other day she offered me a job to come work for her again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My father used to own a bread route when I was in college - and I would get up and go on the early (3 am) bread runs with him when I was home for breaks - other than summer.  During the summer, I would have two full-time jobs I was working instead....

Now, he is the clubhouse manager for a golf course... My sister and I are "on call" for him for events and whatnot.  I used to work a lot more events for him (BC), but now that I have kiddos (and a DH that is not overly impressed with being "stuck with" his kids in the evenings after he has worked all day) he doesn't have me work nearly as much.  I wishe he would... I definitely miss it!  I think I am going to be working more for him this summer, and am looking forward to it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)