Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

kindergarden

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is anyone else was or is terrified to send their child to kindergarden or to school period....? Maybe its just the thought of my little girl growing up but seeing all this stuff happening in public schools it scares me to death.. in one state they are banning hugging our kids are going to be turned into robots that want nothing to do with human contact.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatmynameagain
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Its normal
my my first went to kindergarten this year. So nerve racking. after the first week they wouldn't let us walk him to histhe class, I was so afraid he wouldn't fioind his classroom and be wandering alone, since he's hard to understand no one would know who he wad ir where he wad supposed ti be. Imagine my surprise when I called the school five minutes after drop off and he had walked himself right into his room by himself! It is scared letting them out of the protective bubble of home where we are the biggest influence to the bigger world where others influence them.as long as we show affection to our children they will pass on the love to others even if its outside of school. It is sad they freak about hugging un school though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Children learn what they live. Make sure she learns the social basics at home, how to bathe, dress, help with chores, hug and be courteous. Make sure she knows about good touch/bad touch, how to recognize police, yell for help, be kind to others, and talk and read to your children, and then pray as she leaves your door.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

It's normal to have a fear when it come to Kindergarden. Then put in the times we are living in today with all the bad things going on. I think we all have at least a little of that "school" fear. It's either that or homeschool or e-school.

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We  homeschool. It's one less worry for me. 

tkismom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Ya i guess im just over thinking it cause she really smart we play school during the day since i work nights i get to spend the days with her when i have her then she spends time at her fathers... Shes starting to read she knows her alphabets since she was 2 and her hand writting is getting much better.. i just worry about like u all said of her getting lost and i guess u gotta cut the rope sooner or later.... I just hope everything goes well...
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

She'll love kindergarten, have so much fun. Most parents are nervous, that's normal.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Its totally normal. I was scared to send my little man off to school. The first month or so was really hard. Especially when he would cry & beg me to stay. Eventually it got to the point where he didn't even want me to walk into school & I think was almost harder than him begging me to stay. 

Its scary thinking of your little one being away from you all day with total strangers & you can't protect them.

NikkiGross42
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My ds is starting kindergarten in August. He currently goes to an early childhood school and I was nervous about sending him after the shootings, but it got a little easier as the days went by.  But I am still very sad that he is starting kindergarten, makes me sad and happy he is growing up.

enlightened_24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Nah, you both will be fine. Just pay attention to her and monitor her behavior-small changes can clue you in to problems-but its normal to worry. Its a big step, especially if she doesnt usually go to daycare or anything.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I homeschool so no worries here. Ds wouldn't do well in a traditional school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)