Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you be upset? bff's and birthdays . . .

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Would you be upset if your bffs of 10+ years forgot your birthday (all I wanted was a simple happy birthday like I do for them) and when you got upset they act like you're a big baby and etc. I'm not talking about full on angry, screaming, yelling kind of stuff, but more like sad because you figured if anybody they would at least remember my birthday. I was just sad about it and one of them was like "whoops sorry" which you know at least they said sorry that they forgot, but the other was like "I have a kid and a life and a new husband" and etc. The one friend who was not sorry or seemed not to care at all I have know longer and it seems like everytime she gets a new boyfriend or husband she just forgets about me unless I'm all super into them and etc.

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ButtonsMama44
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
It's funny you should post about this bc I have just been through the same thing. My birthday was two months ago and for some reason someone (friend over 10 years) I called one of my best friends didnt Remember or say anything. Now unlike you I haven't confronted her bc I'm the friend that gives 80% and she's the friend that gives 20%. It's very upsetting and it hurts my feelings very much bug I can't keep chasing someone who doesn't value me as much as I value them. The weird part is that I AM the one married with a 21 mo old. SHE is single.

I'm sorry you're upset. I know how much it sucks. Maybe we should be friends. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Sorry your friends forgot your birthday.

I'm older, I prefer people forget my birthday lol. I have a friend I've known for about 15 years, she has no idea when my birthday is and I don't care at all.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I would probably be pretty bummed out if my close friend forgot my birthday. A little acknowledgement goes a long way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)