Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

OSTEOMYLITIS

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 5 Replies
OK..So I found This group looking for support from other parents whos Kiss have/ had osteomylitis. My big Boy JT has been fighting a terrible infection in his right knee/leg for the past 6 weeks with alot of joint damange.the doctor was thinking of fusing the joint. Im scared no One will tell meif This has effected the growth plate and If my son will have function of his knee. We just found out it is a fungal infection in his bone has anyone else out there had a similar experience? Any info or advice Would be appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Wow, I'm so sorry.   I wish I knew the answer.  Your doc didn't say anything?

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'm sorry you and your son are going through this. Here's a Bump. I hope another mom who has gone through the same will see this and be able to help you.

WomenInBusiness
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM

What is the severity of the infection?  Has your child had an MRI?  Depending on the extent of the infection it can be treated with antibiotics but sometimes the infection can get so bad that a cavity or hole can develop in the bone.  If that is the case I read that the doctor can perform a surgical procedure to drain the pus.  Not sure why he would need to do a fusion but I don't know the extent of the damage to his bone.  I would definitely get a second opinion and maybe consult with a Dr who had dealt more extensively with this osteomylitis.  Always, always get a second opinion. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would get a second opinion.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM

No sorry, wish I could help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)