Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with me? :)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

So I am here for some advice or insight. I've been having some strange symptoms lately and I know I should just call my family doctor, but thought I'd check with some fellow moms first before I jump the gun for nothing. 

So for the past 2 weeks I have been extremely tired, like to the point where by 6 pm I have to almost hold my eyelids open. I am constantly hungry, it could be within an hour after eating a big meal and I feel like I'm starving to death. I've tried to fight the temptation, but sometimes give in and within the last week I have gained 4 lbs. I am freezing cold even when everyone around me is warm or even hot. I am an emotional hot mess, I get sad, then I get snappy and short with people. 

I'll also add that I am 11 days late on my period but before everyone jumps to pregnancy. I took a hpt and it was negative instantly. And I have somewhat buried that thought in my mind, considering my husband and I have been trying to concieve for 5 years with no luck. (His last sperm count came back low, 10 million) So while we don't use protection, the doctors told us that our chances are slim to none of being able to concieve naturally. 

Because of all the factors it makes me think something hormonal? Thyroid? But I'm not sure the symptoms of all that or what hormone I would be lacking to cause all the above symptoms. Any past experiences appreciated. 

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I would say check with your drs....hope things get better...

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I feel like that alot too have for a long time. But maybe you are pregnant. I would test again. If it's still negative then talk to your doctor.

WomenInBusiness
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Lack of energy and changes in appetite could mean other things for sure and not just pregnancy.  Have you ever been checked for type 2 diabetes? Are you always thirsty?  Are you extremely stressed?  How are your breathing patterns?  Do you have shallow breathing?  What is your diet like?  Do you eat a lot of processed food, drink soda?  If so, your body could be on toxic overload which can cause heart palpitations, change in diet, dizziness, and an overall feeling of lethargy. I would suggest you go to your physician and request a full blood panel be done. Your white and red blood cell count will be a part of that test and will determine a lot.  You could have developed anemia or could have a blood infection, etc. Definitely go and get tested.  Don't wait either.  Do this as soon as possible because it could get worse really quick.    

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go see the Dr.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask your doc to run a comprehensive thyroid panel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds pregnant to me too, but seeing how you did an EPT I'd call the doc. Some people don't ever register on the EPT's. Not many, but... A simple blood work up can tell you loads!!!

in the mean time get yourself some good vitamins and make sure it's got D3 in it. if you are in a northern climate where spring is just springing now the seasonal thing is rampant right now. Make sure to sit in sunlight when at all possible-even thru a window. Make yourself get some exercise every day-even if it's just walking to the corner and back. Force 6 to 8 glasses of water down your throat. WATER. Not coffee, tea, soda or juice. I'm not saying you can't drink those things (well, you shouldn't, but that's unrealistic!) but to add 6 to 8 glasses of water. Flushing your system out will make a huge difference as will changing the balance of fluids in your system. 

conanacole
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thank you ladies..I take a vit d3 pill every morning. I will most likely call and make an appointment. I'm so iffy on calling the doctor so fast :) So I try to self treat with otc and such. (My mom was a major hypochondriac and as kids we were at the doctors every week, so it's a drag to go) But I also realize I'm almost 30 and hormones can change rapidly :)
conanacole
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
The body is tricky and female hormones are nerve racking :))
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I would call your dr.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

By all means try the natural things!!!!
The exercise that I mentioned and the water are HUGE HUGE HUGE. I can't even begin to stress how huge. That whole "a body in motion tends to stay in motion" theory is amazing in regards to exercise. The more you exercise your body and get it moving the more energy you will have. You are thinking that if I get out and exercise I am going to come home and want to flop. You may just be surprised at the immediate affect it has on your energy. If you take one very brisk walk to the corner and back when you are normally a very sedentary person you'll find that you come in and naturally DO something while you are up and in motion. That's immedite results for you!

Water is truly the elixer of life in every way. And boy do I know it... I can't stand to dink water. It literally makes me gag. BUT when I am getting clean, clear water into my body like I SHOULD be you'd be amazed at the differences in EVERYTHING. From mood to energy to illnesses to weight loss... It is downright amazing. I have a VERY hard time with water intake. In the supreme heat my body will actually take in less fluids on it's own and I will have some extreme problems when it starts to happen-thus I've witnessed the changes that water can affect on the body first hand! I can't stress that one enough! It hs the ability to even balance out hormone problems at times.  

Quoting conanacole:

Thank you ladies..I take a vit d3 pill every morning. I will most likely call and make an appointment. I'm so iffy on calling the doctor so fast :) So I try to self treat with otc and such. (My mom was a major hypochondriac and as kids we were at the doctors every week, so it's a drag to go) But I also realize I'm almost 30 and hormones can change rapidly :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)