Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car seat facing forward

Posted by   + Show Post
How old should a baby be to face forward in their car seat,,i have 4 friends kids from 8 to 12 months plus two cousin one with 9 month and otherher daughter just turned 12 months last week all of these babies have been for a while already facing forward in their car seats all of them asked me why is my son not facingforward he is 13 months, i read kids should be at least 1 yr old to face forward, or 2 yrs old.i want my son save so he is not facing forward yet and won't be for a while i also told them is not save yet all responded with a its cuz like this i can see her/him,, her/his feet touch the seat he is to big now, she/he doesn't like facing that way, or i like it this way its ok she/he is big enough,, i told then what i had read, its not save and if an accident baby can get really hurt. they didn't care,, my son is my first baby so i did alot of reading before he arrived, am i wrong or are they just being stupid not caring about their kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (41-45):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

So cute! :)

Quoting Tree-Tree:

My son is happily rear facing he will be 4 in June and is 41" and 29.6 lbs

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good to have info on this....my last little one did not face forward for a while....when I took her for a check up the pediatrician gave me the ok for her to forward face....I'm not sure when this was now....I think they went by her weight.....I would say check with your drs. first.

sallymoon
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Although they are often quick to give out car seat advice, most doctors know nothing about child passenger safety, or even the law.  They don't know any more than the Average Joe when it comes to car seats.  A certified Child Passenger Safety Technician is a far better resource for car seat info and advice as they are specifically trained and educated on the subject.

Quoting delanna6two:

It's good to have info on this....my last little one did not face forward for a while....when I took her for a check up the pediatrician gave me the ok for her to forward face....I'm not sure when this was now....I think they went by her weight.....I would say check with your drs. first.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

DaWife806
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I flipped our dd forward at 13 months. I kept her that way for 4 months and I switched her back to rear facing last week where she will remain as long as possible. Rear facing is safer. To each his own. Don't let them make you feel bad. Just respond with it is your choice to have him rear face just at it is their choice to have their kids forward facing.
favi_donnie22
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Thanks ladies, helped alot
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)