Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of ideas...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 16 Replies

So, I'm throwing a baby shower for a baby boy next Saturday.

I'm completely out of practice with this kind of thing. MY 'baby' is 25 years old. It's HIS wife and baby I'm throwing the shower for! lol

We have the decorations covered, as well as the prizes...but we don't have any games lined up! Ideas?  Also, what kind of food/snacks do you like to see at a baby shower (besides, the cake...of course).

I'll take all the ideas I can get!! lol

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:29 AM

The string around the belly game. You take yarn and everyone gets to cut a piece the length they think will go around the mommy's belly, the closest one wins.

Price is right. You buy some baby items (pack of diapers, wipes, baby shampoo,...) and have each guest write down what they think each item costs the closest wins.

Memory, you put a bunch of small baby items on a tray and the guest have 20 seconds to look at the tray then you cover it and they have to write as many items as they can remember, the one with the most wins. Maybe use 20 or so items. qtip, nail clippers, wash cloth, large safety pin, rattle, teether,......

Have the foods that your dil likes: you could have a bbq with some side salads: a pasta salad, fruit salad; veggies, chips, and dip,

Check out Pinterest, there are just tons of ideas there. Have fun and congrats on the grandson =)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Finger sandwiches, a vegtable plate, some fruit, chips and dip, etc...

Queen_Bree
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Queen_Bree
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Queen_Bree
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I like these ideas best!

Queen_Bree
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Yup

Quoting Janet:

Finger sandwiches, a vegtable plate, some fruit, chips and dip, etc...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Funny video... Cool game. See who can hang the most baby clothes while holding the baby.

occumommy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

the clothes pin game/pacifier game, you get a pck of mini clothes pins/pacis and give one to each guest, then ban the word "baby" everytime someone says the word baby and is caught they have to surrender their gaame peice to the person who caught them. only one if they have more than one, the person with the most game peices at the end of the shower gets a prize.

BeanieBlue
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd completely forgotten about the baby items on a tray game!! I'm definitely doing that one!! Thanks for the reminder!!!

Quoting goddess99:

The string around the belly game. You take yarn and everyone gets to cut a piece the length they think will go around the mommy's belly, the closest one wins.

Price is right. You buy some baby items (pack of diapers, wipes, baby shampoo,...) and have each guest write down what they think each item costs the closest wins.

Memory, you put a bunch of small baby items on a tray and the guest have 20 seconds to look at the tray then you cover it and they have to write as many items as they can remember, the one with the most wins. Maybe use 20 or so items. qtip, nail clippers, wash cloth, large safety pin, rattle, teether,......

Have the foods that your dil likes: you could have a bbq with some side salads: a pasta salad, fruit salad; veggies, chips, and dip,

Check out Pinterest, there are just tons of ideas there. Have fun and congrats on the grandson =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)