Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So, I'm throwing a baby shower for a baby boy next Saturday.

I'm completely out of practice with this kind of thing. MY 'baby' is 25 years old. It's HIS wife and baby I'm throwing the shower for! lol

We have the decorations covered, as well as the prizes...but we don't have any games lined up! Ideas?  Also, what kind of food/snacks do you like to see at a baby shower (besides, the cake...of course).

I'll take all the ideas I can get!! lol

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Replies (11-16):
BeanieBlue
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I like this one too! Dollar store, here I come!! lol

Quoting occumommy:

the clothes pin game/pacifier game, you get a pck of mini clothes pins/pacis and give one to each guest, then ban the word "baby" everytime someone says the word baby and is caught they have to surrender their gaame peice to the person who caught them. only one if they have more than one, the person with the most game peices at the end of the shower gets a prize.

momamanda
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a fun game if you have a fun crowd! Get like 6-8 diapers and different candy bars. 3 musketeers, snickers, kit kat, reeses, york, etc... put a candy bar in each diaper and microwave them for like 30 seconds until the candy bar melts. It looks like a dirty diaper Make sure you number the diapers and make an answer key. pass the diapers around and everyone has to guess what candy bar is in each diaper. It's so funny to watch them look, sniff and even taste the "dirty diaper" We have done this one ALOT but it's kinda overplayed so we don't do it very often.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Honestly... I would skip the games. Or if you want to do a game do something low key. Guess how many m&ms are in the baby bottle (winner gets the bottle). Give everyone a piece of paper with the baby's first and middle name at the top & see who can make the most words from it. 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

And yes to this. :) 

This is exactly what we did at my friends sprinkle a few weeks ago. Buffalo chicken dip & chips, sandwiches, a fruit tray, veggie tray, and different types of dessert. :)

Quoting Janet:

Finger sandwiches, a vegtable plate, some fruit, chips and dip, etc...

Diane1223
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Chips, dips, deviled eggs, potato salad, cheese or meat tray, tray with olives and pickles
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Teams. Toilet paper. Time limit. See who can wrap a "mummy" the fastest:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)