Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how often?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

should you weigh yourself?

im terrible i get on the scale everyday & of course it flucuates.. how often are you supposed to weighin?

im not on a diet.. im just working out.. i just need to tone up & lose maybe 10 lbs ( my mufin top) lol but id like to know the right way.

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Only when I go to the doctors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm no help, I weigh myself 5 times a week now. lol

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I rarely ever weigh myself. I don't think there is a universal "should" as for how often. That's going to depend on each individual person's circumstances. I used to weigh weekly when I was doing a weight loss competition. That was fun! But normally I find the way my clothes to be a better indicator for me so I don't think to step on the scale. If there are medical concerns it may need to be done often. Conversely someone with a history of eating disorders may need I avoid the scale altogether. It just depends.
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Every morning when I get out of bed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

When I am dieting and exercising regularly it is about 5 times a week as that is when I use the Wii Fit which starts with a "Check-in" that weighs you.  Other than that, I do not own a scale.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM

i only weighed myself for pregnancy.. then he scale died lol we recently got a new one so i popped on & im doing the 30 day squat challenge plus other stuff so i figured it woudl be cool to see if i lose some..  i agree clothes & how they fit & how u look is best  but was just wondering. thankfully  def no eating disorders here  i just wnat to lose about 10 lbs from   my ds2 & tone up.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I rarely ever weigh myself. I don't think there is a universal "should" as for how often. That's going to depend on each individual person's circumstances. I used to weigh weekly when I was doing a weight loss competition. That was fun! But normally I find the way my clothes to be a better indicator for me so I don't think to step on the scale. If there are medical concerns it may need to be done often. Conversely someone with a history of eating disorders may need I avoid the scale altogether. It just depends.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Once a week for me.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Once a week. I'm on a diet.
MOMomKC
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I weigh myself everyday. I've always heard that if you weigh yourself at the same time everyday, it is less likely to fluctuate and represents a more accurate respresentation of weight gain or loss, and not just water retention. For example, weighing yourself when you wake up in the morning as part of your morning routine.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM

makes sense.. but i find it sometimes flucuates  even  right after i  do it.. like  last week we got the scale & i havent weighed myself since preg.. so i got on & was  like NOOOOO when i saw my weight lol so i got back on & it was   1/2 lb less then  got  back on it was  back to  1/2 lb more.. weird.. its close enough i guess but thats when i do it in the morning before i eat & after i pee lol. i probably shouldnt do it as im pms now so i know usually i get bloated =/ but  i get excited everyday do jump on & see if i lost anything lol

Quoting MOMomKC:

I weigh myself everyday. I've always heard that if you weigh yourself at the same time everyday, it is less likely to fluctuate and represents a more accurate respresentation of weight gain or loss, and not just water retention. For example, weighing yourself when you wake up in the morning as part of your morning routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN