Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Money and being a sahm

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 54 Replies
There is no reason for me to feel this way as my hubby always says its OUR money. But does anyone else feel weird spending money on themselves? I haven't got a handle on it yet.. I still feel guilt buying something for myself. I've always made my own money but since having our son a little over a year ago I haven't worked as we decided it works for us for me to be a sahm. Wondering if that feeling ever goes away!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I don't feel bad spending the money on myself but I do have a nominal income I pretty much just use.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
No I don't feel bad but i've always been a SAHM.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep! Its been that way since my son was born 7 1/2 years ago. I never spend money on myself. The last two months I have treated myself to a few new tops & it was so nice. I've lost a ton of weight & none of my clothes fit anymore. So, its nice to actually feel good about myself looking nice again. It was worth the splurge. BUT... I still feel guilty lol

MJP76
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have only ever felt guilty back when we weren't living comfortably. But since everyone has the things they need, no I don't feel guilty.

DragonMother10
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I feel guilty, I still ask my husband if I can buy something. He knows I would never overspend so he trusts me with his credit card.
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I didn't feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't feel bad at all. My dh an I are one. Everything that is mine is his and everything that is his is mine. He wouldn't be where he is in his career without me.
ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I felt the same way for the longest time. I wasn't comfortable spending money since I had everything I needed. I eventually got over that feeling once I lost a bunch of weight and needed all new clothes.

deadlights86
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I feel worse buying something for dh.

kss12
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Same! This last Xmas.. With his birthday2 days earlier.. Oh gosh i felt so weird! Here babe let me give you a gift that you bought for yourself that I picked out haha!

Quoting deadlights86:

I feel worse buying something for dh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)