Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I want to talk about something...but the words escape me, help me?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi moms,

I am thinking a lot lately about how much mental energy is taken from the mom in a family.

Does your SO/DH help you carry the weight of the kid(s) daily issues? Whether it be school, peers, life?

Just want to get a feel for what others are experiencing.

I write this because...we are 20 years together, two kids, ages 10 and 12 and I think I might be resenting the idea that I am supposed to know everything. Everything about their schoolwork, physical needs, emotions etc.

Do others have partners who share this weight?

Let's discuss.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

My dh who is my dd's step dad does help alot. He helps with school work, some discipline. He goes to all the school events.

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

OH YA MOMMA IT GETS OLD ;]

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this

He could help out a little more but he does help as much as he can with certain things. He works nights and is currently working 7 nights a week with one night off every 21 days. Its stressful for all of us especially since our youngest was born. I totally understand where your coming from. Its tough

MJP76
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I've been with DH for 17 years. Our children together are 10 and 15. I have another that is 19. 

Yes, we are In This 50/50. I would even dare say he does 65% just because usually most homework falls on him to help with. But everything else with the kids we do 50/50.. Or together.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I tend to do more just because I am a SAHM and my SO's work schedule is crazy. But, that said... he is the one who does homework with my son every night. Hes super invoived with school stuff and just a great support for my son. Considering my son isn't his I have to say I am pretty thankful.
I tend to do the majority of the work when it comes to our daughter. Almost all of the discipline. Shes 2 1/2 so I think he just doesn't know how to deal with her. He doesn't pay much attention to basic stuff with her and that can be frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I do it all. It can get to you mentally and physically.

C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Idk, I kind of like being the go-to person but I know what you mean.

Sometimes Mommies need a Mental Time-out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
10 moms liked this

With ours being 10 and 12 now, it sometimes feels like he is still just the tickle monster. You know, the guy who rough houses and tickles and waits for his dinner to be made. lol

Love him to pieces, but sometimes wish I had a wife!

insanemomof4
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and i spilt everything down the middle. Weve been together 17 yrs married 13 and we have 4 kids ages 15,13,11,10. And we believe that it takes 2 to do everything so we are there for and help each other with whatever needs done. I have such a wonderful man!! I am truly blessed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting insanemomof4:

My husband and i spilt everything down the middle. Weve been together 17 yrs married 13 and we have 4 kids ages 15,13,11,10. And we believe that it takes 2 to do everything so we are there for and help each other with whatever needs done. I have such a wonderful man!! I am truly blessed.

Is he engaged in the kids' lives to the extent that he is able to handle any peer/social issues that present without consulting YOU first?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN