Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Online working moms

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi! I am 12 weeks pregnant and my morning (all day) sickness is bad. So bad I can't go to work anymore. I would like to have a part time job online. I have been doing some research and most of the job agencies I came across have bad reviews. I am a little lost here...
Do you know a reliable website where I can find online job posts?
That would be great help :)
Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
What field are you interested in?
g5em
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I am a bilingual kindergarten teacher. So i am fluent in English and Spanish. Design could be another field I could do.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

What field are you interested in?

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I've done a lot of freelance design from home. You can check any relevant magazines or product manufacturers to see if they have any open calls for work or designers. A lot of times they post these things on their blogs.
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Sylva has a work at home program for teachers, you should look into that as well

g5em
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tip :)
I will check.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I've done a lot of freelance design from home. You can check any relevant magazines or product manufacturers to see if they have any open calls for work or designers. A lot of times they post these things on their blogs.

g5em
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Thank you!
Do you know the website address?

Quoting honeydewmommy:

Sylva has a work at home program for teachers, you should look into that as well

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I think she means Sylvan. You might also look into the cyber-schools such as K-12 online. MANY states have an on-line alternative now and they hire teachers who work from home!

Quoting g5em:

Thank you!

Quoting honeydewmommy:

g5em
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
That sounds wonderful! Thanks for your help :)

Quoting MamaSnaps:

I think she means Sylvan. You might also look into the cyber-schools such as K-12 online. MANY states have an on-line alternative now and they hire teachers who work from home!

Quoting g5em:

Thank you!

Quoting honeydewmommy:

avonlady2
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Good Luck ! I've been a at home mom for over 15 years God knows I've tried looking around online for somthing, Then back here 2 months ago I thought I would give Avon a shot, so I set up an avon account to do direct delivery only hoping to gain online orders from around the world cause this small town community already has 3 door to door representatives.....So to make a long story short, I've only gotten 2 orders in 2 months, so on this partly cloudy gloomy day I'm just sitting here trying to fight back the discouragement thats tryin to overwhelm me.  So I pray things are much better for you.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/form_jobs.cfm

they have personal tutoring that u can do online or at home. I have a good friend that did work with them, I remember we went to college together and she was on a teaching fellowship. anyways, she worked at home  there, before she came over to our company to work at home. 

Quoting g5em:

Thank you!

Quoting honeydewmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)