Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should the morning after pill be available to all ages?

Posted by   + Show Post

A federal judge in Brooklyn has ordered the FDA to make the morning-after birth control pill available over the counter to people of any age without a prescription, overturning a decision by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to require a prescription for girls under 17 years old.

Do you agree or disagree with this decision?
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
WillowRaynesmom
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

It should DEF. be avaliable to every woman no matter of age within reason. If a 17 year old girl is raped and does not want to report it but does not want to get pregnant from it either does not have much of a choice without it. I am totaly against abortion but I think this is diffrent. Within 24 hours I have no issue with especially in rape cases. When a young girl is raped they dont want everyone looking at them and having to tell the story over and over just to make sure shes ok and does not get pregnant from it.

pterhune
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I don't agree but I do agree. I don't have any kids yet but I do have a lot of friends with teenage girls and I have a 15 year old niece. They all know they can come talk to me with whatever they need. And yes that have came and talked to me about sex. But I agree with it some for those women and young ladies who get raped. A lot of rape victims do not come right away. So it would help raped victims. But as far as girls just spreading thier legs no I don't agree with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM

yes, i believe its the responsible thing to do. Teens are haveing sex like bunnies and it wont stop ever. Even adults. It should be available for all ages

2SugarSpice
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I agree. It's sad, but it could be worse, they could be pregnant and want an abortion! And think of all the unwanted children that live their entire lives through the system, without know any love. And those that have have to live in silence in a household of incest. At least this drug is available to them. The Morning After pill is the same components as BC, but stronger to be taken for a couple days to PREVENT egg implantation. If you are for BC being available, you should want this as well.
Classymommy4
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Totally disagree!
Ladybug38231
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

This is how I feel about the morning after pill  I don't like it I think that it will just tell these young girls its ok to have sex and if they get prego they can get the pill I don't feel it is right at all I am not judging no one I am just sayin how I feel 

occumommy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate the "you`re encourageing it" arguent. No just because it`s available does not mean anyone is encourageing underage sex. It means you have a safety net. Having junk food available to buy does not mean you encourage your kids to eat crap. It means you educate them on the dangers, and why you don`t want them to eat it. Having plan B available means you talk to your kids about the dangers and why you don`t want them to ever need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeenMommyof1b1g
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I guess it's all up to them... I'm pro-life, so I don't really think there should be a morning after pill... But to each their own.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

undecided

ColleenF30
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Disagree...someone is going to have a life threatening reaction to it, and the someone is going to get sued. Hey there goes the price of medical insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN