Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go? 

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other?  How did it go?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
6 moms liked this

o_O no. Once you have a family you give up the right to go party in Las Vegas with your friends. Very inappropriate.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My husband had taken little mini vacations with his brothers or with the guys from my family. It's usually a golf trip.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes we have, I usually take a week to go to Kansas to visit with my family, best friend and my boys, I stop in Omaha for a couple of days to see my parents and oldest son. My husband will go over seas, like Africa or such to go hunting. He hasn't done it in a while, but he does.

We've been together for going on 13 years, married 9 of those years.

It's up to you if you want to let your husband go, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to go do something with your friends.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM

We usually just go away for weekends and it's always together. I wouldn't mind if my dh traveled without me but it would just be for immigration or if something happened to his family back in England. I don't have a passport so he'd be making that trip alone.

Party in Vegas with the boys..ha he should have done that before you got married.

jett286
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My husband has gone fishing in Alaska for the last 15 years.  I'm happy that he brings home a bunch of salmon and I have the week off too, closed kitchen hanging out with my best freinds (who's husbands also go)....Lots of fun for us.  I just returned from 5 days in Nashville with my friend visiting her daughter who is in college there.  We also take vacations together....

MJP76
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No, we go on 2 vacations a year,and are trying to incorporate a 3rd vacation. There is no money for us to go on vacations separately ..lol

But to answer your question, idk if its about "allowing" my husband to go. I think it's more about he would know how I feel about him going to Vegas separately, and out of respect he wouldn't.

leeleelh
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Every couple I know that does separate vacations is divorced or getting divorced.  But that's just people I know.  

lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Besides haven't you seen the hangover? You're asking for trouble!

mamavalor
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

As of last summer I have been taking the kids to my parents' house for a week. We visit family and friends while hubby is working 300 miles away at home.  This year it will be two weeks because my sisters is going to have her baby.  Hubby doesn't mind.  He gets his sleep and we get to visit my family.  Then at the end of the summer we go on a family vacation together.  It works for us.

I suggested a few years back he that goes to one of those rock and roll camps.  He said he will think about it.  He does go for a long weekend to race car diving school once a year.  This is vacation to him.

kyona_malone
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Typically DH and I take vacation together unless there is a family event like a wedding back home during peak flight season. It's gets pricey flying from Seattle to the Midwest. Anyhow I don't mind it's not all the time and I trust my husband to do what's right. Besides distance makes the heart grow fonder. Let's just say things are pretty hot when he returns
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)