Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go? 

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other?  How did it go?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
hotmomma0408
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I think its healthy to have some time to yourself or with your own kids. I take a vaca with my kids and one with husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FitNavyMomma11
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Never gone on vacation period! That'll luckily change next march but we have always said we do need time alone or with friends. We love each other but still need space to do our own thing. That being said I don't know if I'd be ok with him going to Vegas without me.
engelman03
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM
My husband goes on biz trips all the time and I haven't been in a separate trip from him ever. It's kinda unfair to me that I'm at home with 6 kids and unable to escape for a week or weekend the way he does. Idk. My BFF is in California and I'm thinking I'm going to go spend the weekend with her because I can and I should!
lifeforchrist
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

There doesn't have to be anything wrong in a relationship for someone to go to vegas and do something stupid. It's Vegas, thats where you go to do it. I'm sorry but I don't see how not being comfortable with a husband going to vegas to party with a bunch of half naked chicks is smothering. It's common marital decency.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Why does he have to be a douchey guy just because he wants to go with his friends to Vegas. Yes we know What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but if you have doubts it wasn't this vacation that caused them....The best way to send your man into another woman's arm is to 1) nag and 2) suffocate him. I say let him enjoy life when you're together or not and you do the same. Just my thoughts...

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Fun with your spouse. Not acting like a douchey 21year old single guy.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Just because you're married does not mean you have to stop having fun...actually that should be when the fun start...

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Besides haven't you seen the hangover? You're asking for trouble!

kyona_malone
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM
ok :/ lol

Quoting lifeforchrist:

There doesn't have to be anything wrong in a relationship for someone to go to vegas and do something stupid. It's Vegas, thats where you go to do it. I'm sorry but I don't see how not being comfortable with a husband going to vegas to party with a bunch of half naked chicks is smothering. It's common marital decency.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Why does he have to be a douchey guy just because he wants to go with his friends to Vegas. Yes we know What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but if you have doubts it wasn't this vacation that caused them....The best way to send your man into another woman's arm is to 1) nag and 2) suffocate him. I say let him enjoy life when you're together or not and you do the same. Just my thoughts...

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Fun with your spouse. Not acting like a douchey 21year old single guy.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Just because you're married does not mean you have to stop having fun...actually that should be when the fun start...

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Besides haven't you seen the hangover? You're asking for trouble!

Mommy2_two
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I usually go away for a month during the summer with the kids to visit various family and friends. In my opinion that is DH's vacation time to, only he gets to be all alone. Most of our vacations are family vacations to go visit family. I am hoping we can have a little weekend getaway this summer for our 10th anniversary.

Beauty91805
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
We have taken separate vacations as well as going together. It's because sometimes he can get the vacation time approved and I can't or I can get it and he can't. We will be going together on vacation in August. Can't wait! :-)
melmelti
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I probably will be the minority on this one but I do not have a problem with separate vacations. My SO and I have done this in the past and it was actually refreshing. I generally do not take all my vacation time at once at once, so I alot time for a vaction for me and one for me and hubby.Now let me clarify, by vacation I mean taking 2-3 days off for a girls trip, or visiting realtives. The same for him. Not a shady 5 day Carribean vacation with who knows who. Sometimes you just need space to regenerate... Alone with family or friends. With our little one here now we are just going to through a family vacation in the mix. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

We have not been together...he has gone on his own....would be nice to do one together.

Atpfeiffer
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM
My husband is in the military and only get 30 a year of any time off so in the past we have vacationed both together or me alone or with our daughter. My daughter was born in Germany and our families live in Cali and Illinois so in order to get enough quality time with either side I would take her back alone. My husband is currently stationed in Korea alone for the year and I have become a single parent for the time so separate vacations are required. In fact Thursday I am taking my daughter to Illinois to visit his side f the family. I think some alone time on a vacation is necessary. We are a family and couple but also individuals.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN