Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go? 

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other?  How did it go?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (51-60):
lilliput
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My husband and I have vacationed separately off and on quite often. We found we enjoyed it. I can hang with the girls and chat more words then he can handle:) and, he chills in the sun and rides his bike at the shore. It seems to actually improved our relationship. When we vacation together we are more willing to enjoy the activities the other one wants to do because we've had our time to do what we individually enjoy. If my husband mentioned he was thinking of going to Vegas, I have to admit I'd want to be real comfortable with whomever he was going with. But, I guess if someone is going to stray they don't have to go to Vegas, right. Anyway, a separate vacation- hey, try it. If it doesn't work don't do it again. Enjoy.

MichelleMc
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

It would depend on a lot. 

As you stated you don't get a lot of vacation time. If you aren't getting time together, if you aren't getting vacation together, vacation as a family, then no I wouldn't be happy. Did he discuss it with you or just tell you & plan it already, etc, if it was the second, then no I wouldn't be happy. If he wouldn't be happy with me then going with my friends somewhere, I would NOT be happy.

If were where we are now, about to be empty nesters, having more time together, having more time to do things just us, and we could do this or that, and would be a trip of a life time, we discussed it all, then I could see if. If he just said I AM doing this, and We never get vacation as it is, and maybe something we couldn't afford, then heck no, I would NOT be happy. 

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

No, not something we do.

FuriousPaws
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It causes a lot of stress for the person left behind... but it depends on the person and the marriage. If you trust him let him go...

Entm2010
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I think separate vacations for a little weekend break with your friends is ok, if you still do have a family vacation. A fishing trip or something. I would personally be upset about a trip to Vegas though. That's for bachelors, he's not single anymore. I agree with MJP76, I believe if you told him how you felt, he should respect that as opposed to whether you "allowed" him. If he still insists on going after you express your feelings, then I'd say there's problems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

we always travel together, as its a miracle if I can get him away from work to start with and I would find it too difficult to deal with the kids on my own. The only thing I may do without him is visit my best friend for a day or 2, she lives an hour away

kss12
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Absolutely not. We go everywhere together. Neither one of us would go for that. Hubby wouldn't want to and I wouldn't want him to. Wouldn't even be a question.
reisar31
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
My hubby went to new york twice without me..I missed him a lot..but this august we are all going together..yayy
sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM
The only time my dh is gone away from us is for work and one week, opening or archery season for deer. I don't think we would want to do something "fun", like Vegas, without each other. I would be upset, but I honestly dont think that would happen with us.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
That just seems like its asking for trouble. How would he feel if the tables were turned?
I get having personal time and time with friends. But, when you are blowing off family time that is sort of crappy IMO. But, different things work for different families...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)