Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go? 

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other?  How did it go?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (61-70):
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
No we do not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Uhura
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

We haven't gone on vacation away from each other, but if he really wanted to do that, I'd be okay with that. 

Mind you, I'd expect to get my own vacation later. :P

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

No we do not go on separate vacations.

Hello07
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Interesting that you use the word "allowed"

I don't think that your husband wanting a guys weekend is bad nor do I think it's inappropriate. As long as this isn't an all the time thing I think you need to let him have some fun with friends and realize that his whole life shouldn't revolve around you. It's healthy to have friends
Dolphingirl2004
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I dont think separate vacation r a good idea. Fun mini-girls/boys weekend r fun still and I think we still need time out with our friends, but a big vacation is not a great idea!!! Thats just me though!!!! xoxoxo

baileymarie723
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
We can't afford to go on big vacations together, so we definitely wouldn't go separately. If we were ever able to save to go on a big vacation it would be to go together. He does however go to his families hunting shack twice a year with his friends for 5 days and 4 nights, but that doesn't really cost anything.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
hotpink143
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I would give him my blessing to go. For me I would feel a little insecure about it, but I would feel worse if I flat out told him no. Why not? If it's something he doesn't get to do often, and it will make him happy. Plus, what if I wanted to do something like that one day? 

It feels rejuvenating to get out and feel like a seperate person once in a while.

That being said, since our kids, we have never vacationed seperately. When we do travel it's to visit family and friends in our home towns. And then once we're there, we spend some time together and some time going our seperate ways to spend time with our own friends.

NicoleArm3
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My husband just went to Vegas in January with "the guys".  It was his best friend's bachelor party and he went without me.  We have 2 LO's and at first I was a little freaked about being a whole 3 days without him haha but it was fine and he had a lot of fun with the guys.  He actually ended up hanging out with the engaged or married guys the most and stayed out of any trouble :)  When he came back, things were actually a bit better, maybe because I had missed him :)  If you trust him, let him go...I think both of us, the wife and the hubby, need some friend time...and if it's in Vegas...it's no biggie...it's not the city that causes you to do bad, it's the person and if he wouldn't do something bad at home...why would he just because he's in Vegas??  He loves you no matter where he's at! <3

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Families should vacation together.  It's usually a bad sign when one party or the other wants to go alone.  And your point about having limited vacation time is a good one.  I'd say no way.  You're a family man and your loyalty should be to your family not your friends.  So no-he should want to take you not some guys.  Bad idea.  Ask him why he thinks it's ok or why he doesn't want to go with you.

peterann68
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM

To answer your question I think it depends on a number of factors. I have gone on one "girl weekend" when I was married. My husband did not like it but I was determined to go.  I went with 2 other high school friends. We shopped, ate and maybe had one glass of wine with dinner. We are not the "partying" type. Plus I had moved half way across the country and left all of my friends to marry my husband so I felt like I was entitled.

I think a bunch of guys going to Vegas without their wives is pretty dangerous.  I think if people are "drinkers", it is not a good idea. Alcohol, a bunch of guys and available women are not a good mix. I am not implying anything @ your husband.  If your husband is not "drinker" and you like his friends and feel like they are good guys, it is probably okay. I think friendships are very, very good for all of us to maintain and can actually make our marriages better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)