Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've always gone away together but now my hubby wants to go to Las Vegas with his friends!

We don't get a lot of vacation time so I'm kind iof annoyed about this.

Should I let him go? 

Have you and your dh ever gone away without each other?  How did it go?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (71-80):
Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM
We've never gone on a vacation without the kids - let alone without each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I just got back from a five day vacation to Orlando with six girlfriends.  We ordinarily go as a family, but this opportunity presented itself (my friend has a condo in Orlando and offered for a bunch of us to go down and have some girl bonding time together) and I decided to go for it.

If you have no reason to distrust him and you can afford it, no reason not to, IMO.

But you find time and you go somewhere at some point too....

drivenleonian
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I was born and raised in Vegas. I'm secure in my relationship. If DH is going to get into something that will damage your relationship, he can do that from home.
Guys need guy time. I go dancing with my friends. My SO's best friend flew in from CT to spend 5 days in Vegas. He didn't do anything different than he had when his wife was here.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Besides haven't you seen the hangover? You're asking for trouble!

phoenix0904
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I think its healthy to vacation separately.  He knows what he has at home but sometimes its nice to get away from the everyday, husband,dad, professional & just be able to refresh and regroup.  I used to think very differently and the first thing that came to mind was cheating on me. Ultimately, how insecure are you to feel as though you "own" someone's right to live their life.  His motive for wanting to go is probably to be able to enjoy being a man, but he loves you so he won't disrespect you. In fact, ill bet if you are open to it, he will come back and be greatful that you "understood" why he wanted to go and he would appreciate you in a different light

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I would not let him go but thats just me.

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Oh I love our separate vacations! To be honest we need them! Not only do we get some well needed time apart but it gives us the chance to get a slight reminder of how much we bring to each others lives(which we tend to forget quite often)!
MABmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM
So far no. But, I might go without him soon. My great grandma is 96. SO doesn't want to fly to Missouri. (We're in ca) so I might go without him so DS can meet his great great grandma
auntie09
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

My husband doesn't go on vaca w/his friends. I do a girls weekend once a year I'd be fine if he did that. I think it is good to get away and have fun and miss your family.

I haven't done a week away from the family.

mothershelper
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

If you value your marriage vows, do not let a separate vacation happen.  I was working and did not have the same time off as my husband.  He took our child back to visit the grandparents.  That was not a problem.  The problem came in when all of the sudden I am being accused of having an affair while he was gone.  This came as a large surprise to me to say the least.  I thought maybe allowing him some time away from me would make the heart grow fonder.  Not so much.  he came back to town and starting having affairs with at least 3 people I know of and even went for the neighbor across the street.  One of which was his boss at work.  Nothing like a little adultery to shake me to the core since I was not the first he had married and his previous wife had done that to him.  The other girls and I do mean girls, 17 and 18 whom are sisters and worked with him as well.  They wrote love letters to him which he locked in the glove compartment.  The only reason I found them was I needed the checkbook which was in said compartment.  If you do not think I read them you would be wrong.   All 13 of them.  Each telling him what they were going to do to him an what they wanted from him.  Our daughter was going on 4 a the time.  Long story short,NO Separate vacations again.  EVER!!!!

Supa6starr
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Yes, I went to Mexico with my friends and he went to Jamaica with a friend. I had a great time and so did he - until he saw my pics and in them it seemed like I was having fun. He didn't like that and complained that on his trip every time he saw something like a waterfall or tried a new dish he wished I was there, however he didn't think I felt the same. I tried to assure him that I did miss him, but according to him I was smiling to much in every photo to have missed him and we didn't really speak for almost a week. He is very immature btw.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)