Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

*piog* IUD's

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

I had the Mirena put in April of 2008... it's been 5 years and i need to make an appt to have in removed. I loved the mirena... no cramps, headaches, or any other complications for the entire duration. Last night i had some bleeding.. nothing heavy.. today it was even lighter. No cramps, backaches, headaches... nothing. I'm in the process of finding a new OBGYN but i want to go prepared. I've heard good things about Nuva ring and of course Mirena is still an option. My cousin had some kind of tubal surgery done (can't remember the exact procedure) and she is really pleased. I'm not 100% sure united healthcare covers the removal and insertion of mirena or any other kind of IUD.. i will have to double check all of that.

What are your opinions or recommendations of IUD's! Thanks!!

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyona_malone
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I do believe that UHC is required by law to pay for the removal of the IUD. The procedure you're talking about is Essure which is a permanent birth control that takes about 10 mins to complete.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM

If you like Mirena I would stick with that one.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

bump

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have heard too many horror stories about IUDs over the years to ever consider one.  A tubal ligation is only if you've decided you definitely don't want any more kids.  THe under the skin kind would be easy and has far fewer side effects.  Much safer than an IUD.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Bump
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I don't have good opinions about IUDs.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I honestly don't know anything about IUD's. Here is a bump though!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I have not had one either....hope things will work out for you in your decision...

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I love the paraguard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aodom323
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I have implanon and I love it. I was stuck between Mirena and Implanon.  I decided to go with implanon because it is a lot easier to check for.  I have not had any periods expect for some spotting here and there.  I got mine in June of last year.  I lose weight when I'm on birth control and since I have had this in i've lost almost 20 lbs.  Which is awesome since I have been wanting to lose weight.  The procedure for it is very quick and easy.  It didn't hurt since they numb you up.  It can get uncomfortable sometimes but that is only for a few seconds and then stops.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)