Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have alot goling on and just need to talk

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 27 Replies
Hi I'm new to mom cafe. I just need someone on a mothers level to talk to. I have 3 wonderful babies. My youngest is currently in the hospital with brain trauma. I'm laying here typing this beside his hospital bed. At this point he isn't doing too good and Iam super scared. I was wondering if there are any moms out there who have a child that has suffered brain trauma?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I havent, but Im sending plenty of hugs and prayers your wayhugs

MABmommy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM
My DS did not have a brain trauma so I have no idea how you feel right now. However, he was born 3 months early. He weighed 1lb 7oz at birth and spend 3 months in the NICU? I do know what it's like to be scared sitting next to your baby in a hospital bed and there is really nothing you can do except be there for him. I am so sorry you and your DS to go through that. Prayers to you. Huggs
ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I couldn't imagine. I'm so sorry.

crystal.w.
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Heaven knows Ibeen through a lot but sitting here not knowing what the next hour might bring is killing me. You see on tv and the internet where this kind of thing happens and you never think of it happening to you. My kids are all Ihave in this world and sitting here looking at him with all these tubes and ivs not knowing if the next second might be his last is devestating. If it wasn't for my other kids Iprobably wouldn't even try to be strong. I still have hope though the doctors have told me his chances are very very slim. I feel helpless because Icant do anything to help him

Quoting MABmommy:

My DS did not have a brain trauma so I have no idea how you feel right now. However, he was born 3 months early. He weighed 1lb 7oz at birth and spend 3 months in the NICU? I do know what it's like to be scared sitting next to your baby in a hospital bed and there is really nothing you can do except be there for him. I am so sorry you and your DS to go through that. Prayers to you. Huggs

want10more
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:22 AM

brain trauma no. but my eldest had to have his head rebuilt. metopic synostosis. means he didn't have the front fontenel, so the back of his head grew and the front didn't. been in the hospital w/ my other kid more times than i can count.... SEVERE asthma. life support sometimes. i know how it feels to have a sick baby. don't be scared to bug the nurses, drs, for more info. sometimes it's intimidating, like you don't wanna piss off the person that's trying to keep your kid alive. just remember, they work for YOU, not the other way around. for more encouragement, put your baby on caringbridge.com. you can update his condition w/ ONE post instead of having to tell everyone one by one. and you will get posts from friends, family and strangers, that will support you thru this. and of course, people from here will too. blessings to you and your lil un. i'll be thinking bout you, and praying for you.

MABmommy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Whatever you do, don't lose hope. You staying strong is going to keep him stronger. I know that sounds cliche and I don't know the full situation but your kids needs you to be there for them. But, also, if you need to talk to someone, do it. Talking on CM mom can help but I'm talking about professionally. If you need to speak to a therapist to help you get through daily life, your children need to see you coping with your situation so they know how to cope with tough situations.

If you don't mind me asking, how old is your son? What happened to cause brain trauma?
NNB
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I am so so so so sorry, I can;t even begin to imagine the heartache and pain you are expeiriencing right now and I wish you the best, I'm sending happy thoughts and vibes your way. \

Don't lose hope, surround him with positive energy, do you have a way to play his favourite music, can you sing a song from child hood?? XXX

A71LEO
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Not a child but I have had to have 8 brain surgeries since 10-13-09
crystal.w.
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM
My son is 2months old. He stopped breathing late Sunday night and my husband had him and while trying to get him to breathe he shook him too hard. I didn't see him shake the baby but he told the doctors he did. The have him in jail now. He has suffered a bleed in the brain and multiple strokes on both sides of his brain. They have done surgry to stop the bleeding and are doing everything they can to help with the swelling. They said he seems slightly better this morning but they still don't expect him to make it.

Quoting MABmommy:

Whatever you do, don't lose hope. You staying strong is going to keep him stronger. I know that sounds cliche and I don't know the full situation but your kids needs you to be there for them. But, also, if you need to talk to someone, do it. Talking on CM mom can help but I'm talking about professionally. If you need to speak to a therapist to help you get through daily life, your children need to see you coping with your situation so they know how to cope with tough situations.

If you don't mind me asking, how old is your son? What happened to cause brain trauma?

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to the group and sorry about your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)