Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you had your tubes tied?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I have been considering getting my tubes tied for permanent birth control and am wondering if anyone here has had it done. What was your experience? Any side effects you've exprienced? What was your cost? 

Thanks so much :)

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I haven't, but I know plenty women that have. They have done great. They had insurance to pay for it.

mrsnoble2004
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Had mine tied in Nov. laproscopic. Can't really say that I've had any side effects. My periods seem different but I also had a baby the day before it was done so I'm probably still getting back to normal. I think they billed my insurance about $800.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I had mine done over 10 years ago during my csection. At the time I was on welfare so it was free to me. I had zero side effects.

mygirls2012
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I had mine done 9 years ago after the birth of my 4th child. I havent had any side effects either.

styler7
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Insurance covered it. Easy procedure, day after I had no pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I had mine done 7 mos ago during my c-section. My Indian care that i was getting while pregnant paid for it. Only side affects is heavy periods which is completely normal. Other than that im happy and cool and no more babies for me

Bambootrees
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I am excited that you posted :) i been thinking the same thing too. I only have one child but its enough for me. I want my tubes tied :) testimonials from others would be nice. Thanks for posting.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I had a tubligation last may and insurance payed for it.
steph2728
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have had mine done when I gave birth to my second daughter via c-section.  You can have scar tissue and the down time is 6 weeks depending on your job and pain tolerance. And my periods were irregular at first but are now back to normal.

It;s a simple procedure the give you a local anesthetic through your lower spine and it numbs you from the waist down and then make a small incision along your your lower abdomen. It is called a bikini cut. It's about 5-10 inches wide. then either use dissolving staples or stitches. You can not under no circumstances get it wet until the stitches are gone. You will be sore and in a little pain in that area.    It is harder tho' to loose the weight in the on your stomach. If you do it use a pillow around your waist at all times it eases the pain when sitting. And lots of stretchy pants. 

I regret having mine tho'. My husband and I divorced. I have been with my husband for 5 years and  I am now getting a reversal done.  That is expensive and insurance does not cover it.  Insurance will cover a tubal ligation in most cases. 

tresproudmommy
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I had mine tied in July 2012, after DD was born.  She was born by c-section so right after they took her out, the doc tied them.  The only side effect that I've had is that my period is now regular.  I've never had a regular period without being on birth control and now that I don't want anymore kids I'm regular.  The first couple of months of getting my cycle back I would have two per month but it's finally regulated.  I have absolutely no regrets!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN