Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Friends?!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM
  • 22 Replies
Does anyone else have a hard time making friends while being a mom?! How do you even have time for them? Better yet any ideas where to meet other moms who understand that parenthood is busy and even though I may not return your call for days or even weeks does not mean i am ignoring you! Lol just lost in potty training and homework and dinner and the list goes on! I live in a small town so my options for finding other busy moms are very limited. But u desperately need that girl time occasionally!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MABmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree!! Most of my friends were moms before me so I'm pretty lucky to have such understanding friends. But I live further away from them than before. Not too much. Only about half hour drive. But I need friends closer. Just going to see them is an hour of driving plus all the baby packing and baby stuff that goes along with baby traveling. I need friends who are closer. And, until DS starts school in six years I don't know where to find them
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have any real friends nor do I have time for them so it doesn't matter to me.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I know how you feel. I wish I could go out and have some lunch or something with my friends sometimes. I think it would be good for me and my children, you know.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I can't say I ever had that problem.  Only time was if we lived where there weren't people my age to hang with.  But I always had at least 1 good friend to hang with or chit chat.  Never had to "make" time really.

NikkiGross42
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I havent had a friend since I was 18. And honestly I have no idea how to make one. I dont know anyone, and when I try and be nice and talk to other moms, none really see intrested in a friendship, or they already have friends. 

steph2728
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I completely understand.  I am the same way.  I am new to my city and most of the people I knew since I moved don't have time for me.   I don't fit in to the clicks most moms have already.  How do you make friends as an adult?   Sometime you need girl time  as a mom, we all need that little break to go get nails done, or lunch with the girls. 

momamanda
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Findinga mom and me group is a great way to make friends. Momsclub.org is a great place to find one here is a link to a list of Chapters.

http://momsclub.org/join.html

If not google some in your area. Or better yet start one through facebook. You might be suprised how many other moms are looking for the same thing.

momamanda
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM

When you get to the link click on Chapters

Quoting momamanda:

Findinga mom and me group is a great way to make friends. Momsclub.org is a great place to find one here is a link to a list of Chapters.

http://momsclub.org/join.html

If not google some in your area. Or better yet start one through facebook. You might be suprised how many other moms are looking for the same thing.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I've nevrt made friends easily, being a momor not. Lol. So being semi friendless is nothing new to me. I go to a play group at the library once a week and have met some new people there. But that's it. I have trouble striking up conversations with ither moms at the park and such. Ds starys preschool in august so maybe ill make some mom friends from his classmates parents. But we will also have a newborn, so maybe not. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
www.momsclub.org.

Search your area for a chapter. Absolutely worth looking into. I've been a member for 10 Yeats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)