Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have a hard time making friends while being a mom?! How do you even have time for them? Better yet any ideas where to meet other moms who understand that parenthood is busy and even though I may not return your call for days or even weeks does not mean i am ignoring you! Lol just lost in potty training and homework and dinner and the list goes on! I live in a small town so my options for finding other busy moms are very limited. But u desperately need that girl time occasionally!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM

nope im batting women away.

literally if im at a park women are drawn to me and i end up having long conversations.

every time at the park.

MichelleMc
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

When we were in the military I had TONS of friends. Moved away & hubby got out. It has been harder. I notice also that my standards are different as I get older too. I won't "put up with" as much. Doesn't mean that I don't care, means I care more. I want someone to care for me, like I care for them. 

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Quoting momamanda:

Findinga mom and me group is a great way to make friends. Momsclub.org is a great place to find one here is a link to a list of Chapters.

http://momsclub.org/join.html

If not google some in your area. Or better yet start one through facebook. You might be suprised how many other moms are looking for the same thing.

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Lol. Well that's awesome. In such a small town like I'm in I'm lucky if there is anyone at the park!

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

nope im batting women away.

literally if im at a park women are drawn to me and i end up having long conversations.

every time at the park.

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Very well put!!! I have a hard time finding someone that either treats their kids with respect or has the same parenting methods( best way I can think of saying that) as I do.

Quoting MichelleMc:

When we were in the military I had TONS of friends. Moved away & hubby got out. It has been harder. I notice also that my standards are different as I get older too. I won't "put up with" as much. Doesn't mean that I don't care, means I care more. I want someone to care for me, like I care for them. 

scooby1821
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any friends, but i would really love to but friends that have children and have no problems with going out with them. Most of the people i know aren't parents and the few that are don't go out with their kids they prefer to go out to the clups or bars and party, and im not like that i love to spend all the time i can with my babies because once they get older they won't want to spend time with you. Thats why i don't go out anywhere im at home all day everyday with them

emaylerocks76
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I do find it hard to make friends while being a mom. I honestly believe my shortcomings are that I am too afraid someone is going to do something awful to my children while we are visiting or vice versa. Maybe I watch too much TV but with those things, you can never be too careful.  I have no ideas. I normally meet other moms while on field trips or at some function for the kids but I find that the things my kids like to do bring a kind of mom that is not someone I would include in my social circle. Outside of my kids, people find me....different.  I like shock value. While I am not the pierced up tatted someone you associate with that, I am blunt, to the point, and often times loud. The world does not accept people like that. However I do find the social interaction I get from my friends in the pc rather satisfying for the social aspect. I find people like me and people who like to read what I write.  I am by no means recluse but I do work from home so, no, I don't get out much other than the kids things. What about everyone else?

MichelleMc
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Exactly!

Quoting MomInATreeStand:

Very well put!!! I have a hard time finding someone that either treats their kids with respect or has the same parenting methods( best way I can think of saying that) as I do.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

saraewhite
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I am so with you on this. When we moved about 3 years ago, I didn't know anyone except for those that went to our church. We stopped going due to some things we felt weren't right and it seems as though no one wanted to continue to be friends after that. I have one good friend and my sil who lives where we used to live.

I have tried starting groups and things but no oneseems to want to join. 

The one friend I have just started seeing someone and may be getting a full time job. I haven't seen or heard much from her since she started seeing this guy so I again am on my own and feeling very lonely and disconnected from everything.

I just don't know what to do!

saraewhite
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)