Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cleaning up after baby!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
How often do you clean up after your babies?
Aside from meal times etc, I'm talking toys.
My ds who is 14 mo makes a total mess, which I'm fine with. Every nap time he has I pick up all his toys and his playroom (2 times a day.. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon), then at night once he's in bed I do the same.
Dh was home yesterday bc he wasn't feeling well and couldn't believe I cleaned up after him that much during the day. His reasoning is why not leave it until night? I agree with him, but the messier it gets the longer it takes to clean up.
What do you moms do??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aodom323
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I do about the same as you do actually.  Sometimes if we have a lot going on I only pick up once. 

kss12
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Ok good so I'm not insane!
Dh thinks I create more work that needed and wants me to just relax with him and watch a movie haha! Butttt what he doesn't get is that things wouldn't be how they are if I were to relax 24-7!

Quoting aodom323:

I do about the same as you do actually.  Sometimes if we have a lot going on I only pick up once. 

aodom323
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I understand completely.  If I have a lazy day by the end of the day my apartment would be destroyed.  

Quoting kss12:

Ok good so I'm not insane!
Dh thinks I create more work that needed and wants me to just relax with him and watch a movie haha! Butttt what he doesn't get is that things wouldn't be how they are if I were to relax 24-7!

Quoting aodom323:

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM

My baby is only 5 months old but when my girls were younger I would pick up during their naps and then again before I went to bed. Sorry I cn't relax with a bunch of stuff all over the floor. Baby toys hurt just as much as legos when you step on them.

kss12
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Funny you say that.. I have a big old bruise on the bottom if my foot from one. Forget the choking hazard!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

My baby is only 5 months old but when my girls were younger I would pick up during their naps and then again before I went to bed. Sorry I cn't relax with a bunch of stuff all over the floor. Baby toys hurt just as much as legos when you step on them.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I used to pick up and clean daily.

Pam_8787
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
They clean after every toy and I clean their room once a week. They are 4 and 2
Pam_8787
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM
All their toys are in their room
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Mine are older now and I make them clean up. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Well, most of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)