Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you still?? TMI at some points maybe..

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 39 Replies

I was walking with a neighbor the other day to ss's school and she was saying how much of a pain spring and summer is because she has to constantly shave her legs. We got to talking about comfort levels with our husbands.. and I told her I still shave everything for him. If my legs are a little crazy I shave them before I know he's coming home. I check my face, hair and outfit before he comes home. She said she gave that up a long time ago. She found it amazing that I still cared so much about what dh thinks. Also, when we walked around the corner I said "yay, he came home" and she said "aw thats so not normal". She wasn't being rude by any means but it got me thinking. The whole discussion actually got me thinking. Am I an exception to how some wives are? Is there a certain "mileage" (aka amount of years) where you just stop caring about what dh thinks? Then it got me questioning our relationship.. a lot of women I talk to consistently "husband bash".. well, vent.. which I can understand. Anyway, I guess this is kind of a "poll" to see what others are like with their hubby's, SO's, bf's, etc.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I care what my dh thinks about how I look. We've been married 5 years. I don't ever husband bash.

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I try to keep up with myself for my Husband and I appreciate that he still does the same! I may vent every once in a while but I dont bash him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I HATE husband/men bashing. I am so sick & tired of it, and really don't get it! People, especially on CM, seem to think of it as a past time, and I don't get it. It is so awful. All it shows me is all they are not. 

Anyway, I am excited when my husband gets home, But I don't always RUN to the door. I do care what my husband thinks, but I wouldn't be perfectly shaved constantly because I matter too, and if I am tired, hurting or had a rough day, that matters so, and oh well. He understands & gets it. We are okay with the day to day & everything that goes a long with long years of marriage. Of its okay to be apart, its okay to do things seperate. Its okay if he is in his bumming pj's or I am in my sweats without my hair done & I refuse to wear make up but he married me that way so.. LOL. No one needs to be a certain weight, with hair a certain way or looking just right. Either of us. :) 

He still will pick me a flower if we are walking down a trail, we still say I love you multiple times a day, just because, also EVERY single time we part company, hang up the phone, end a text or email, etc. He still sneaks notes in my bag or whatnot if I am going scrapbooking for the day or when I went to a zumba event, I went to gun things, he went to zumba things. We have tons of mutual interests & try to make up lost time, etc. Run to the store together even if he hates the grocery store & I hate lowes, etc. 

We will hit 17 years of Marriage in July. I think it is just some things are okay, other things aren't. Just go with what works for your marriage :)

You are doing great :)

Michelle, Zumba & Body Combat Addict
Proud Mom of Jonathan, My Future Soldier, Civil Air Patrol Cadet, Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I shave for myself. I can't stand having stubble. But in general, I would assume most wives care what their husbands think. I don't typically run and do something b/c he is coming home. I generally remain in a state that I would want to be around him. We are just so comfortable around each other. I do get uncomfortable when people bash their husbands around me. I am very blessed with my dh. I feel the opposite from those women....I actually hold back on talking about dh b/c I have so many good things to say and I don't want to brag.
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I really don't like the husband/men bashing either :(.

15 years and I still get butterflies when my dh gets home!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I HATE husband/men bashing. I am so sick & tired of it, and really don't get it! People, especially on CM, seem to think of it as a past time, and I don't get it. It is so awful. All it shows me is all they are not. 

Anyway, I am excited when my husband gets home, But I don't always RUN to the door. I do care what my husband thinks, but I wouldn't be perfectly shaved constantly because I matter too, and if I am tired, hurting or had a rough day, that matters so, and oh well. He understands & gets it. We are okay with the day to day & everything that goes a long with long years of marriage. Of its okay to be apart, its okay to do things seperate. Its okay if he is in his bumming pj's or I am in my sweats without my hair done & I refuse to wear make up but he married me that way so.. LOL. No one needs to be a certain weight, with hair a certain way or looking just right. Either of us. :) 

He still will pick me a flower if we are walking down a trail, we still say I love you multiple times a day, just because, also EVERY single time we part company, hang up the phone, end a text or email, etc. He still sneaks notes in my bag or whatnot if I am going scrapbooking for the day or when I went to a zumba event, I went to gun things, he went to zumba things. We have tons of mutual interests & try to make up lost time, etc. Run to the store together even if he hates the grocery store & I hate lowes, etc. 

We will hit 17 years of Marriage in July. I think it is just some things are okay, other things aren't. Just go with what works for your marriage :)

You are doing great :)

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I care. I shave my legs once a week in the winter, daily to every 2 days in the summer.I dont shave downstairs because I don't like to look like nine. Lol. And its a pain in the ass to keep up with. I do keep it neatly trimmed.
I don't husband bash. Theres really nothing to complain about. If you're going to bitch about your hubby/so's quarks to your feiends, then its probably time to discuss what bothers you so badly with the person who does it. No sense in bitching about somethinf if your not going to do anything to remedy the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pam_8787
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I rarely shave my legs in the winter. And I may or may not shave down there. I try to shave my underarms twice a month. We are very comfortable. We have been together 8 years and we are getting married in July. Before we moved in together and before children I was really concerned with him seeing me top notch. We would see each other once a month and of course I wanted to look good and I would run to the door. Now we don't. And he is okay with how our relationship is. I don't DH bash I mother in law bash. Lol.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM
It's been over 5 years and I still care very much what SO thinks. I make sure to keep myself looking good for him.
momofsunshine77
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I dress how I dress - confortable.  If we went out - which is never - I would probably dress up, but I am not going to do it everyday.  He loves me for me.  I shave when I need to shave, etc. 

Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I've been with my BF for a year, everyone says we're still in the honeymoon stage but who knows. I only get to see him on the weekends because of our work schedule and the kids being in school. But anyway I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about him, and reading his texts messages always make me smile even on my worst days. I always shave before going to see him, but there's been times when I've had stubble before. He doesn't complain. I don't bash him for anything either. We do our things together, and we do stuff seperately, he's even gone out hunting/fishing during the weekend ("Our time") while I stayed home with the kids, and I've gone out with my friends before while he was at home. But somehow I still ended up with the kids haha. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)