Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you still?? TMI at some points maybe..

Posted by   + Show Post

I was walking with a neighbor the other day to ss's school and she was saying how much of a pain spring and summer is because she has to constantly shave her legs. We got to talking about comfort levels with our husbands.. and I told her I still shave everything for him. If my legs are a little crazy I shave them before I know he's coming home. I check my face, hair and outfit before he comes home. She said she gave that up a long time ago. She found it amazing that I still cared so much about what dh thinks. Also, when we walked around the corner I said "yay, he came home" and she said "aw thats so not normal". She wasn't being rude by any means but it got me thinking. The whole discussion actually got me thinking. Am I an exception to how some wives are? Is there a certain "mileage" (aka amount of years) where you just stop caring about what dh thinks? Then it got me questioning our relationship.. a lot of women I talk to consistently "husband bash".. well, vent.. which I can understand. Anyway, I guess this is kind of a "poll" to see what others are like with their hubby's, SO's, bf's, etc.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
22 years together & I care, your neighbor sounds umm whacko lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I am more like your friend.  In my case it has more to do with Dh's attitude.  I take care of myself for me, especially shaving, but not for Dh because he doesn't notice anyway.  I don't get excited about him getting home from work and neither do my kids because we know he isn't going to pay attention to us anyway.  He is very selfish and even when we pick him up from deployments he never comments on our appearance or good things that we've done,etc.  We've been married 17 years and it has taken alot of let downs to get to the point of not caring, I've talked to him until I'm blue in the face and the kids didn't even want to skype with him this last deployment, but nothing changes so I'm not setting myself up for the disappointment anymore.  It doesn't have to do with how long we've been together, but more how he treats me.  He very much takes me for granted and assumes that no matter how selfish he is I won't leave.  It is something I keep talking to him about and working on with him (along with some things he wanted me to work on), but it's not changing and I have a feeling that our marriage is on its last legs.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM

We been married for 28 years. We are very comfortable around each other.

MySweetChild
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I do not husband bash either! Ever. I don't understand it. We may not always get along 100% of the time, but I feel that is life & no reason to bash, it is part of it.
I do shave my armpits & down there everyday, but I do it just as much as a comfort for me, I don't like the stubble at all, so I just do it everyday. Now my legs are a different story! Lol. Maybe once a week in the winter & every other day through the summer. If DH & I happen to get frisky & my legs are not shaved, I am not bothered by it, neither is he. We have been married 12 years & just comfortable that way, but if I can plan ahead or a special occasion, I definitely get my legs shaved! Lol
I do get excited to see him come home. I don't run to the door, but I am excited. And when the weather is nice, he works longer hours & I do miss him. A lot. Of course DD does too.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I still shave, everything. But on my time. LOL.

I never did look at my hair or make up. 

I don't wear makeup and I run a brush through my hair and I'm good. Mostly because of the hair style I have. 

My husband has let go of a lot of things that he used to do. 

meh.

I think it depends on how long you have been together. Me and mine have been together going on 14 years now.

CafeMom Tickers
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Married 10 years and I still care too.

Quoting goddess99:

I care what my dh thinks about how I look. We've been married 5 years. I don't ever husband bash.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Married 10 years and I still care too.

Quoting goddess99:

I care what my dh thinks about how I look. We've been married 5 years. I don't ever husband bash.

steph2728
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I take care of myself for me and my husband.  One for me because I hate my legs unshaven if feels gross. But when I don't shave we joke about it together.  But i lfeel good about myself when I am shaven, look nice I want to look sexy for my man.  Just because your married YOUR INNER GODDESS SHOULD NOT DIE!!  2Nd what does it say about you when you stop taking care of yourself. Yes you won the man of your dreams and are married. And there are some days to not look your best, but just because you have the man does not mean you should stop caring for yourself. There is always a woman who can catch your mans eye because she does take care of herself. (Not that i am saying husbands are going to go out and cheat.) But men's eyes can wander sometimes unintentionally. 

nelsjb
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I shave mostly for my husband and I don't bash, I talk about what's on my mind.

DazeDelights
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM
We've been together 13 years and I still look GOOD! I don't shave my legs because I'm not hairy and I hit my punachee as needed same with my pits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)