Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you still?? TMI at some points maybe..

Posted by   + Show Post

I was walking with a neighbor the other day to ss's school and she was saying how much of a pain spring and summer is because she has to constantly shave her legs. We got to talking about comfort levels with our husbands.. and I told her I still shave everything for him. If my legs are a little crazy I shave them before I know he's coming home. I check my face, hair and outfit before he comes home. She said she gave that up a long time ago. She found it amazing that I still cared so much about what dh thinks. Also, when we walked around the corner I said "yay, he came home" and she said "aw thats so not normal". She wasn't being rude by any means but it got me thinking. The whole discussion actually got me thinking. Am I an exception to how some wives are? Is there a certain "mileage" (aka amount of years) where you just stop caring about what dh thinks? Then it got me questioning our relationship.. a lot of women I talk to consistently "husband bash".. well, vent.. which I can understand. Anyway, I guess this is kind of a "poll" to see what others are like with their hubby's, SO's, bf's, etc.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (31-39):
kstchr
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I still look forward to when DH gets home, but I don't rush to the door. I don't shave my legs very often in the winter, unless I have special plans with my hubby, but I shave underarms every few days. I don't really worry about makeup & dressing nice if I'm just home, usually only if I'm working or going to church...or a rare date night with DH.  I think it gets much more relaxed once you're comfortable with your guy in a relationship...not necessarily right, but I think it is very common. I just think of it as dressing up, going the whole nine yards with hair, makeup, hose, heels, dress is all the more special when it's only on special occasions!

my4loves4
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I had the energy to still care. Somedays I do, but most I dont with two small children. Since I cant look my best during the day and he works seconds, after I put the kids to bed I try and dress in something sexy for when he gets home.

MamaAjax
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I'm always looking forward to when my husband comes home. We're newlyweds, so it might not count as much.

When he calls and tells me he's on his way home. I start his dinner so he can have a hot fresh meal (unless it's on time for us all to eat dinner. Then I just start every ones dinner.) I eat two small dinners now when he has to work late. One with my son and one with him when he gets home because I don't like the idea of him eating alone. When we were just dating I never had any "sexy" bedroom items. But about  the time we got engaged I started buying more of them. I want to impress him more now that he's my husband and make him feel super special.

I'm always spoiling him. He's a huge chocolate lover (and I mean take your darkest richest chocolate cake and roll it in some fudge and give him he whole thing chocolate lover.) My son and I aren't so much. So I always bake him his favorites even when I'm baking ours. 

As far as shaving. I do that for me not him. I can't stand body hair. It itches. It makes my clothes feel ick. Maybe if I ever let it get past the stubble stage I might not mind it as much but at the stubble stage I cant stand it. I keep trying to convince myself to buy the NO NO hair removal thing, but I can never justify spending that much money on just myself. 

I do however buy lotions and body sprays that I know drives him insane. Mostly they're food smells, like Bath and Body Works Cashmere and Brown Sugar Lotion (I get compliments when I wear that one a lot in public because I apparently smell like fresh baked brownies.) LOL. My husband is a walking stomach. 

I love taking care of him. And when I'm having a bad day. I latch onto him in one big hug and I don't like letting go.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I took care of how I looked , tried to always look nice for my DH, unless sick or early mornings on the weekends, now since he died I could care less lmao I'm in pajamas or sweats most of the time.

Diane1223
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't shave my legs every week, sometimes it is onlly like once a month...I usually wear pants or jeans, plus right now I am 8 mos pregnant and feeling a little lazy about shaving..lol,but I shaved "downstairs"about a week ago.  I usually get all dolled up with make up and make sure that I look nice before we leave the house.  I get excited when he comes home, miss him when he is gone, and try to cuddle or be near him a lot when he is home.  I think I am the same way that you are and I agree with you in love

baileymarie723
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I never went out of my way to look a certain way for my husband. I figure if he wanted to be with me I had to be sure he knew who the "real" me was, and getting all prettied up just so I looked good for him wouldn't be showing him me. Now don't get me wrong I will get dolled up for him if we are going somewhere special, but I don't do it just so he is impressed with me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband loves when i get dressied up when i want to but he could care less as do i. I shave everyday cause it drives me crazy. I hate hair. But if i choose to where lazy clothes for a week with no makeup or perfect hair then he loves that too. We have been together for 11 yrs and married for 6 yrs Its about comfort. If your too worried about how you look to your man than there are some serious issues goin on. There is a difference between having fun and really worrying about what your man thinks.

jennmedeiros
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

i am right there with you! my dh doesnt care how i look he says i dont need all of that extras that i am beautiful the way i am.  regardless i do get my "beautiness" together.lol.

we do the same thing i go to some of his things he likes and he does the same for me. but we dont always go everywhere together. i am me and he is himself. i do get happy when he is home. but i also dont always run to the door.

Jennifer Medeiros

http://www.findi/ngfreedomfromhome.com

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I think it's wonderful that you still have things going in that way....but for me it has been downhill for many years.  Hope things continue to go well for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)