Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

White noise??

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 13 Replies
How many of you have babies that were/are fans of white noise??? My son is a big fan I would say 80% of the time that is how I get him to sleep. He is 9 weeks old. However other people around me act like its weird or never heard of it. I thought it was something commonly known, but with people's reactions it makes me feel weird about it using it now...???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pam_8787
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I use to play it when they were little and I just now started playing classical music to get them asleep again. They are now 4 and 2
emaylerocks76
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

White noise is great. Especially for colicky babies. I have had children that slept to Patsy Cline or something like that. Others sleep to piano music while the first two just loved the true white noise of TV static. It is not strange and don't worry about what they say. You are only making your child in need of a radio to sleep when they get older. No hurt there. (Then you can actually play boring history or something like that, I promise it will help them later on in life!)

grneyedormom
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I'm a fan of white noise myself, and use a small fan. Tv static and the flickering of the tv itself keeps my brain awake. I take a small desk fan with me when I travel.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I've never used white noise.

mama232011
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I can not sleep with out my white noise... my kids love their lullaby music
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Never heard of it.

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Not I
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a fan person myself.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I use  the bathroom vent because it also helps mask other noises like dh's snoring, lol

MarleneAlexis
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM
White noise is a variety of noises from the static on the radio or a blow dryer, vacuum, running water. It is a similar sound to inside of the womb. it's comforting for a new baby to hear it feels like to them that they are back in the womb.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Never heard of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)