Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i dont see a problem

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 18 Replies
My son is 7 and has 3 friends his age in the neighborhood. 1 is a girl same age. On to the point my son wanted a sleep over and feeling bad for the only girl in the neighborhood. I invited her as I don't see a problem since we are all camping out in the living room. Am I wrong? I guess so cause I was told this was inappropriate.
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aodom323
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM

i dont think so they are only 7 after all and its not like you wont be there to chaperone.  Are you sleeping down there too??

Momma-2boys
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quoting aodom323:

i dont think so they are only 7 after all and its not like you wont be there to chaperone.  Are you sleeping down there too??

Yes I am and I'm happy I'm not the only one that thinks it fine at this age. I know it will be over soon.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I don't think so. They are only 7 and your going to be there too.

aodom323
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

yeah whenever I was at that age my neighbor/friend/sister-s godsister (lol) had a co-ed sleepover.  Everyone there was around the age of 7 

Quoting Momma-2boys:

Quoting aodom323:

Yes I am and I'm happy I'm not the only one that thinks it fine at this age. I know it will be over soon.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Don't see a problem either as long as they are unter supervision.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

its fine if the girls mom is fine with it & if the other parents are ok..  whether we think its ok is not what matters i guess  every parent makes choices for their children . as far as anyone who is NOT a parent of any of the kids there.. who cares!

i think 7 is a " meh" age.. they ARE aware of body parts & do get crushes.. but is innocent.. their not having sex lol but you being there the whole time & not just sending them all alone in his room is what makes me think its fine. im not sure of the age where its not ok.. but 7 is  still real young to me. id just keep an eye on them bc they are curious at this age  . have fun!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

It is not inappropriate at all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 7 yr old little kids having fun and having a sleep over She is just one of the guys. I grew up in a nieghborhood full of boys being the only girl. We played with each other and had fun from around age 8 to age 13 until some of them moved away and we went our seperate ways with new friends.im still great friends with two of the boys and we all are married with families of our own. If you bring your child up right and enforce it at your house even when other kids are around then you are doing your job as a parent.  I cant believe how ignorent and stupid some parents are these days. 

SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM
This is hard to answer because I had all girlfriends over for sleepovers at that age.
As long as you're supervising the whole thing and sleeping with the kids, I don't see an issue. Have fun :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nikaniko
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I don't see a problem they are 7! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Since everyone was going to be in the living room, including you, I don't see a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN