Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help quick, who do I call?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

I want to take my Ex to court to change our custody agreement, who do I call to get this started?  I can not afford a lawyer. Child support office said they don't know, I dont know who else to talk to.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM

You could probably call the court clerk to find out what all you need to do to petition for a change to the custody agreement

unspecified42
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM
The courthouse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Clerk of courts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Whoever did your custody agreement in the 1st place.

breebree04
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

When I changed mine, I just contacted Friend of Court and they sent me paperwork to fill out. I had to send it back with I believe it was $20 (for processing) and a few weeks later I recieved paperwork with a court date.

my4loves4
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

The Child support office did, but now they're saying they have nothing to do with it...

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM

How stupid. How can they just give up one of their cases? I would go down there and talk to someone who knows that they're doing.

Quoting my4loves4:

The Child support office did, but now they're saying they have nothing to do with it...

Quoting goddess99:

my4loves4
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Everyone just keeps refering me to other places. Jumping back and forth. Noone can tell me where or what im supposed to do. The courts gave me a website, but the website says theres no fourms on custody online that it all has to be done through lawyer. But I cant afford one... i thought they did court appointed attorneys but noone will tell me how to get that.

Quoting goddess99:

How stupid. How can they just give up one of their cases? I would go down there and talk to someone who knows that they're doing.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Some lawyers do a free initial consult and you don't have to go back.

Quoting my4loves4:

Everyone just keeps refering me to other places. Jumping back and forth. Noone can tell me where or what im supposed to do. The courts gave me a website, but the website says theres no fourms on custody online that it all has to be done through lawyer. But I cant afford one... i thought they did court appointed attorneys but noone will tell me how to get that.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting goddess99:

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Yeah, this.

Quoting goddess99:

Some lawyers do a free initial consult and you don't have to go back.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)