Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you think about this

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you think as moms, we share to much of our children's lives.  It could be on Facebook when you shared the "cute" pic that could be embarrassing for your child or tell things about them that may break their bonds of trust.  I found myself putting embarrassing pics of my daughter on twitter.  I thought they were cute but she told me to put myself in her shoes.  She was right( I apologized) and I was wrong.  If it is not pics, what about those cute stories or those TMI stories you post about your children.  I have o friend on tumblr who blogs about her teen son's most hurtful moments.  Like when he got stood up or when he was caught masturbating in his room.  I felt embarrassed for him and poor thing couldn't look anyone in the eye.

Do you think, with all these media outlets, we tend to overshare?

Have you had to apologize to your child about something you posted?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yes, people do. I blog about my children, however the names are changed to protect the innocent. Facebook is ruining wayyyy too many lives and people are way to wrapped up in it. Get away from it!

KRIZZ25
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
i like to say not every thing should be shard on line.. thank before u post ..would this hurt me or someone else?
KW1280
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Oh my husband almost got it because of facebook.  He posted a pic of me in rollers and with my mudmask on.  ( I can laugh now but when my mom called me I was mad)

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Yes, people do. I blog about my children, however the names are changed to protect the innocent. Facebook is ruining wayyyy too many lives and people are way to wrapped up in it. Get away from it!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Yes people do tend to over share! They tell there who business on facebook No one wants to hear it. I never had to apologize because because I never done it.

aodom323
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is only one and I do tell cute stories of him and put up pictures on facebook.  I try not to overshare.  I put up a bunch of picture because my parents and hubbys parents live a few states away and hardly see him.  So i put them up and tell those stories so they feel like they are seeing him grow up.  Once he gets older though i'll still put up non embarassing photos but i wont put on my wall anything that i think could embarass him later on.  

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I think people Way over share. I ask my dd before I post any pic of her.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Sometimes yes! I share on fb about my little ones but only family and friends are on my page.

TxMamma11
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My DS is only 1 so he doesn't care, but I am careful about what I post online. Nothing that could hurt or embarrass anyone. I think that most don't intend to do harm, but if you're not mindful of what you post, you could hurt someone unintentionally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I ask her now.
I think it is only fair to ask if you van post their picture

Quoting goddess99:

I think people Way over share. I ask my dd before I post any pic of her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not overshare. I try to look at things from their prospective as well.

The things I share are pretty general and nothing that could cause embarassment to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN