Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anybody think it's ok that my mom calls me multiple times a day to ask what I am doing and if my baby is ok? I told her yes why would'nt he be and she says I am getting smart with her

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
CarolinaCottonC
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Maybe you should call her at the top of each hour and say oh hi. We are fine and all is ok. Bye now. ...and laugh when she asks if you are getting smart..and say WELL I HOPE I AM!!

ktp111
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I talk to my mom everyday now that she's 73 and don't want to miss out on whatever is going on in the rest of my family, as they are also taking care of their wives and kids and don'tget to see them all at the same time but we were all at a Thanksgiving party at my bothers house last thanksgiving.I also have 8 siblings left, 3 died so far years ago, and it left a void. I just pray my parents health stays ok as my mom did have open heart surgery a few years ago.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My dad does that sometimes.  It's annoying.  I know he comes from a good place, but annoying nonetheless. 

TxMamma11
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Sounds like a grandma to me. My mom used to do the same thing, she meant well. She really wanted to know how we were doing. It was fine with me too, because those first days were hard, my LO was colicky. She probably means well to, cut her some slack.
csh.1310
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM

well, my babyis almost 10 months old by now. its obvious that I am able to care for him. growing up she was abusive at times thats why  it irritates me so bad that she would ask me if hes ok as is she is a better mom than me.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

sure, she's grandma 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Oh geez... I have no idea how I would deal with that. I talk to my mom once or twice a month and that is only when I call her lol. Just don't answer the phone. Eventually she will get the hint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Do you think shes trying to make up for the past?

Quoting csh.1310:

well, my babyis almost 10 months old by now. its obvious that I am able to care for him. growing up she was abusive at times thats why  it irritates me so bad that she would ask me if hes ok as is she is a better mom than me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csh.1310
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

she probably thinks i will be a bad mom like her but im not

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quit answering the phone to her. You have a life. If its important then she can leave you a message. Dont put up with it. The first time she calls just be nice and say yall are doing fine and then change the subject

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)