Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

irritating mom

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

Does anybody think it's ok that my mom calls me multiple times a day to ask what I am doing and if my baby is ok? I told her yes why would'nt he be and she says I am getting smart with her

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Ask her next time why she is asking if she doesn't have an answer be honest, tell her its creeping you out and to stop calling. 

butterbean491
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I'm sure she means well. Just be honest, but gentle. I would let her know everything is fine and that I appreciate her calling to check, but it makes me feel like she is questioning my ability to care for my child. I would let her know that it upsets me that she seem to feel that I'm not capable of properly caring for baby. Maybe she doesn't realize how you truly feel. I'm sure it is annoying try to stay calm.
LAXmom21
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
My mom used to call me almost everyday and ask how the kids were. What's the big deal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I talk to my mom every day.
villagemamma
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I very much feel your pain only my mom calls me, facebooks me or texts me daily to whine about her problems or ask me to do stuff for her.

MommyBell
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
If your baby is the first grandchild she might feel like she is missing out in the tiny things every mom loves about having a new baby around. Talk to her about all the phone calls and set a limit on how many times you are willing to answer in the same 24 hour period. Also if she has a cell phone send her a pic of your baby and say something cute like "chilling out reading a book grandma" or something like that, it worked with my mother maybe it will help with your mom.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

She's just concerned and wants to be helpful. My mom was/is the same way.

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to stop.  SHe shouldn't be calling you multiple times every day and implying you can't take care of your child.  THere may be an underlying problem that is actually nothign to do with your baby but ask her why she keeps calling and then tell her while you love to talk to her you simply don't have time to talk to her many times each day.  You're just too busy with the kid.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
This and be glad you have a mother that cares.

Quoting butterbean491:

I'm sure she means well. Just be honest, but gentle. I would let her know everything is fine and that I appreciate her calling to check, but it makes me feel like she is questioning my ability to care for my child. I would let her know that it upsets me that she seem to feel that I'm not capable of properly caring for baby. Maybe she doesn't realize how you truly feel. I'm sure it is annoying try to stay calm.
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Sounds like she's having a hard time letting her baby (you) grow up. Try to  understand her point of view... We OLD people (mom's of adult kids) still see you as our little girl or boy and want to take care of you, help you... smother you!!! 
Getting irritated by it will just make your relationship harder with her-and make it even harder for her to let you grow up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN