Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Questions about kindergarten registration?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 13 Replies

These are probably silly questions, but I'm registering my oldest for kindergarten tomorrow, and my mom can't remember....lol

1. Do I need to bring my son with me? He has preschool in the morning, and I work in the afternoon, so I have to go in the morning. I can keep him out of preschool, but it's swimming day, so he'll be really disappointed if he has to miss it. The website doesn't specify whether or not I need to bring him. It does state that no tests are given to incoming students...

2. Does my husband have to go, or can I do it myself? He works overnight, so he generally sleeps during the day...

Thanks in advance! 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

There are tests here but if it stated no tests then I wouldn't bring him, your dh doesn't have to go. I was a single parent and they didn't ask about another parent or anything.

sissyboogs
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Quoting goddess99:

There are tests here but if it stated no tests then I wouldn't bring him, your dh doesn't have to go. I was a single parent and they didn't ask about another parent or anything.

Thanks! I feel stupid for not knowing, but like I said, this is my first. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel stupid, those aren't stupid questions. =)

Quoting sissyboogs:

Quoting goddess99:

Thanks! I feel stupid for not knowing, but like I said, this is my first. 

grneyedormom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the school and ask your questions. im sure you aren't the only parent to ask. :) For my DD's school it was parents only, no kids and there were no rests. I brought my mom, she was a kindergarten teacher for 30 years. I just filled out all sorts of paperwork, information about my kiddo for her teacher, medical info, immunization info, etc.
BookMama3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
At my kids school the child has to come with you, but your husband doesn't.
Maybe call the school and find out what they require? I had to bring birth certificates, proof of residence, shot records, things like that.
ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

No you don't need to take your son. And you can do it your self. You just fill out a bunch of paper work. Make sure to take his birth certificate with you and shot records/exemption form. 

sissyboogs
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Thank you for the responses. The website lists all the paperwork that I need, so I'm good with that. 

kayceejane
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

You do not have to bring him with you. You can do it all by yourself.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Quoting kayceejane:

You do not have to bring him with you. You can do it all by yourself.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Here the child does not have to be present unless you just want to bring them along and either parent can fill out the paperwork...does not have to be both...but you may want to call the school and double check about the informational items you need to bring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)