Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Play it again, Mommy!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do your children have favorite games, movies, books, songs or stories that they want to see, play, watch or hear over and over and over again?

My son loves, loves, loves One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss and the Disney movie Cars2.  He will watch Cars2 over and over again as if it is the first time he has ever seen it. The same goes for the book. I think it is sweet that he has a preference for certain things, but sometimes, I just want him to pick something else.

What does your child have a preference for that they request over and over and over again?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CarolinaCottonC
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My son wanted me to TELL unwritten stories over and over again.. which was a bit hard because the details were never quite the same as it is with 'stories.'  I wondered if he was learning HOW to tell a story.... i think it makes them feel safe, secure, and like JUST maybe..some things will be the same over and over.

Don't you wanna scream at a movie you've seen before and say NO DON'T do that.. don't you know the KILLER IS RIGHT THERE! lol

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

When my 22 yr old was in elementary school he used to watch The Sandlot over and over. So much so, that we burned through 3 VHS copies of it with all the playing and rewinding. I just bought him the 20th anniversary blu ray edition of it. It is still one of his favorite movies but of course he doesn't watch it like he did when he was little.

My 19yr old used to love the Harold and the Purple Crayon complete treasury. I would read that to him every single night.

My 8 yr old has several favorites but the only thing he wants over and over again is the song "My Texas" by the Josh Abbott Band. He listens to it on his iPad all day long.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Lately all my dd wants to do is play Go Fish lol.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
My soon to be 16 month old is not in to tv or books yet like that..
My 10 yr old has a dsi he plays some n his books are diary of wimpy kid things like that.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
With my son it was the first Disney Cars movie. With my youngest it was The Smurfs. I swear I heard "la, la, la, la, la sing a happy song" in my sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)