Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Please lady watch your own kids.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

So lately my neighbor has been sending her kids to my house to play with my kids. My kids are 3 and 20 months her kids are 8 and 11.They come over everyday and aggravate me. They don't listen and likes to come in the backyard whenever they please because I don't have a fenced in backyard. I'm really getting tired of this and these kids don't listen. The kids tell me that their mamama makes them come over. Tomorrow I'm having a talk with this mom that I actually never met and tell her to quit sending her kids to my house because not only do they not listen but they are way to old to play with my kids. Anyone else had a problem with parents sending their kids to your house?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I've never had older kids come over. I hope you get it sorted out.

STVUstudent
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

wow... no, never had this problem (and I can't imagine sending my kids over to play at a house where I did not KNOW the family AND have an invitation). 

I guess I would start by asking them to please stay out of my yard and off my property.  If that did not work, I would TELL them to get out of my yard, off my property, go home.  If THAT did not work, I would go over and speak to the mother.  The KIDS are telling you that their mom told them to come over and play, but she may just be telling them to "go play somewhere."  Unless you know this to be fact, then I would approach the mother in a non-confrontational way and just say something like, "hey, I don't know if you are aware of this, but your 8 and 11 year old keep coming into my yard to play.  My kids are really young, and the bigger kids are really disrupting their schedule.  Plus, I am afraid someone might get hurt.  Please tell them to play somewhere else."

elle7777
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Yeah, my oldest is 6 and the neighbor lady would send her 10 year old over to play.....all the time...multiple times a week. Finally I told her you can come over on Wednesdays and Wednesdays only because we have a lot going on. If it wasn't Wednesdays when she would stop by I'd send her back. Now she doesn't stop by that much at all anymore.

At that age she isn't sending her kids over to play, but is using you as a free babysitter and to get them out of her hair. Yes, I'd definately have a talk with her.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Send them home -- every time.  Tell them that you don't care, what their mom told them, they are trespassing and have to go home.

proudmom5584
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Oh I told them multiple times to go home because they don't listen and then they reply my mama said I have to stay here. So today when the kids get off the bus I'm going over there to speak with her.

Quoting STVUstudent:

wow... no, never had this problem (and I can't imagine sending my kids over to play at a house where I did not KNOW the family AND have an invitation). 

I guess I would start by asking them to please stay out of my yard and off my property.  If that did not work, I would TELL them to get out of my yard, off my property, go home.  If THAT did not work, I would go over and speak to the mother.  The KIDS are telling you that their mom told them to come over and play, but she may just be telling them to "go play somewhere."  Unless you know this to be fact, then I would approach the mother in a non-confrontational way and just say something like, "hey, I don't know if you are aware of this, but your 8 and 11 year old keep coming into my yard to play.  My kids are really young, and the bigger kids are really disrupting their schedule.  Plus, I am afraid someone might get hurt.  Please tell them to play somewhere else."

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
How frustrating! There are kids in my neighborhood who come over all the time but I assume the kids themselves are asking not being sent by the parents. I love having other kids over. But if they were annoying us, that would be different.
STVUstudent
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

yeah- talk to the mom... tell her that her kids are disrupting your routine, whatever.  i would not put in that they don't listen, because that implies that if they did listen, it would be okay for them to be there... tell her, please keep your kids out of my yard and away from my property...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN