Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Do For Yourself?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 19 Replies
Just curious as to what sort of things do u as a mom do for you. I often like to go for a walk by myself. And i lock myself in the bathroom with a good book n just read that is until im interrupted by screaming kids. Oh well its good while it lasts. So ladies what do u do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kss12
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I go on a 3 mile walk/jog, baby is with me but its as if he isn't.. He just takes everything in.
Also, as a daily reward for myself, if I pick up toys, have an empty sink and make sure laundry is done and house is spotless... While my ds is asleep I lay outside in the backyard for a good 1-2 hours. That's MY time! Of course when the baby is asleep I'm lucky enough to catch up on my shows with dh as he enjoys watching shows with me. That's our time :)
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I read or take a hot bath.  My kids are older, 14 and 19, so it's easy for me.  But even when they were little I would always try and find time for myself.  Only way I kept my sanity :)

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Read, do my nails, cm, veg out time to just relax...
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I lock the bathroom door and take a long shower.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Post online, run, pray, read, volunteer, hang out with friends.
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I find myself in my den a lot, I don't usually have to lock my self in there because there is no TV only books a love seat and a desk, and some deco, so DS and even DH rarely go in there to bug me. 

Shelly126
by Michele on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM
@ night after the kids are asleep (they are 28 months so they are usually asleep by 8:30) I like to take a nice hot shower, read, go on my iPad or catch up on some of my favorite shows I DVRed. On Saturdays I go for a mani/pedi
undrcvrmom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I  try to have dinner out with a friend once a week, I get my nails done every few weeks, I go shopping and on weekends away.  I wish I had a job tho....

MrsPeterkin
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Exercise and pedicures. =)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
This except for run. Lol

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Post online, run, pray, read, volunteer, hang out with friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN