Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

depo question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

so is it normal to have periods on depo my son is 16 months old and ive deen on the depo since 2 days after he was born and im having my first period since then wierd or not

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM
No idea, here's a bump.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I had the depo shot once and I  had my period for three months straight and  got off of it to never return. So that is what happened to me when I went on it and I have heard other people with similar stories but as far as length wise from when you get injected I don't remember because that was a long time since I did that shot but I thought you had to be on your period when you get it, but I could be wrong (trying to remember).

Talk to your doctor about it, if something seems weird.

Drienne13
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My periods stopped altogether with depo. In fact I didn't even have a period for a year after going off of it.

Weirdly, my period seemed to have started again after going to an acupuncturist for whiplash (started the day after the first treatment).

DACIA79
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Some people continue to get periods my periods stopped for the 5 years I was on Depo and it took two additional years after I stopped for it to return.
dflowers
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Not weird. I had mine 2 times a month then they just stopped. Becareful when you stop the depo. It doesn't take muck to get prego. Thats how i am prego with number 4
breebree04
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I was on the depo two different times. The first time I was on it I would have one period every three months- right when it was time to have the shot again. The second time I was on it I bled continuously- 3 weeks straight, then nothing for a week, then would start again for 2-4 weeks. Finally the dr took me off of it and said I couldnt take it anymore

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I have no clue, sorry.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Its normal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN