Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sick ds =(

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

so my 4 1/2 yr old had a cough no biggie.. acted fine no temp. eating , playing all normal.. so he went to school . its only 3 hrs b/c its a  prek for his  services ( speech & ot) so not a long day.. anyway he left just fine  but came home soooo unlike himself. not talkative,  kinda withdrawn  he played outside which  he loves to  had moments of    being perked up but  this kid is usually SOOOOOO yappy & hyper its borderline adhd really.. well today he was   more just quiet & blah..  his  grandparents even stopped by  & he LOVESS them  but he barely reacted he was happy to see them & came over but  was not very reactive.. it was weird he  said hi & smiled went back to play normally..

we stayed outside  2 hrs letting him play.. he drank,   played.. fine.. 

anyway  he  began to cough more & sound more congested so  we gaev him soup which he ate it all &   we took his temp it was only 100.4 . usually when he is sick he gets high fevers so this was nothing  for him..  at 630 pm   which is early for him we  gave him cold meds &   meds for   a fever just incase it spikes in his sleep & snet him off to bed he did NOT fight us or come back down 100x like usual.. so weird  for him again. =(

so i guess he is  realllllly not feeling well. ive seen him  act better with way higher fevers & more sickness

dh said lets see how  he is tomorrow abotu school but  im keeping him home..  its friday & he  needs to just rest i think plus 100.4   is a fever & above his schools 99.9 policy  less than 24 hrs  so  no go..

i hope its just a cold but  he never acts this sick so im a bit worried   yet id feel silly bringing him to a dr for 100.4 &  regualr cold symtoms.  =/

not sure if theres much to say to this i guess im just venting bc im  concerned.

its our anniversary  too so dh is bringing in  food from a nice place we're staying in  =)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

happy anniversary   poor little buckaroo. Hope he feels better soon.

Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I hope your little one feels better soon. My DS is sick also :-( Sunday he played outside all day without any issues, cold symptoms or anything. His face got a little red from the sun but that was it. Monday when he got home from school his upper lip (just the area right under the nose) was BRIGHT red from him constantly rubbing/blowing his nose. Now he's a congestion and his lip/nose area is scabby and had cracked open a few times. He feels terrible, and has been so tired lately. I hate when the little ones are sick.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

aww thanks, needless to say i di not do my squats today lol it was along day.. i figure im a day ahead most so illbe  on time with you guys tomorrow with my 135. im hoping he gets good rest tonight & feels beter tomorrow.. we brought in dinner at a nice place we havent beent o ina long time..   it was  good but not as good as the place we REALLY like but it was closer.. =/ oh well. mostly it was a good day really, can't complain. ( even though i guess i just did LOL )..  lets hope for a good night tonight.. i want to spend time w/ dh ;).... but we;ll see how  my lil sickie is all night though.

Quoting goddess99:

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

aww, that sucks.. i know  there ok one second then poof not too good. granted he had a cough  for a day before this but it wasnt bad at all really. he just got miserable   fast. =( hope your  lil  one feels better too. i really hate it when they are sick. thank god he is finally of age to give cold meds it helps the  cough ( post nasal drip ) at night a bit.. but still its just sad when their not themselves. all day i pray he will just be quiet for aa minute  & slow down lol he is sooooo loud & hyper... but now i miss that & its sad to see him so quiet. =(

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

I hope your little one feels better soon. My DS is sick also :-( Sunday he played outside all day without any issues, cold symptoms or anything. His face got a little red from the sun but that was it. Monday when he got home from school his upper lip (just the area right under the nose) was BRIGHT red from him constantly rubbing/blowing his nose. Now he's a congestion and his lip/nose area is scabby and had cracked open a few times. He feels terrible, and has been so tired lately. I hate when the little ones are sick.

MrsPeterkin
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I am sorry my daughter is not feeling well with a fever also. :(
Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I've been giving my son medicine but it doesn't seem to be helping, and I've been putting neosporin on his nose which I guess is helping but it's not going to heal until he's done wiping his nose every 2 seconds. 

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

aww, that sucks.. i know  there ok one second then poof not too good. granted he had a cough  for a day before this but it wasnt bad at all really. he just got miserable   fast. =( hope your  lil  one feels better too. i really hate it when they are sick. thank god he is finally of age to give cold meds it helps the  cough ( post nasal drip ) at night a bit.. but still its just sad when their not themselves. all day i pray he will just be quiet for aa minute  & slow down lol he is sooooo loud & hyper... but now i miss that & its sad to see him so quiet. =(

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks, i hope she feels better too!!!

Quoting MrsPeterkin:

I am sorry my daughter is not feeling well with a fever also. :(

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM

aww, use puffs or some softer tissue?

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

I've been giving my son medicine but it doesn't seem to be helping, and I've been putting neosporin on his nose which I guess is helping but it's not going to heal until he's done wiping his nose every 2 seconds. 

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

we have puffs at home, but when he's at school or karate he has a bad habit of using his shirt :-/ I sent him to school with a kleenex on the go pack and he used all the tissues the first day.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

aww, use puffs or some softer tissue?

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Quoting Mommyof1_2013:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Time alone with the hubby is always a good thing, enjoy! Hopefully little man feels better tomorrow.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

aww thanks, needless to say i di not do my squats today lol it was along day.. i figure im a day ahead most so illbe  on time with you guys tomorrow with my 135. im hoping he gets good rest tonight & feels beter tomorrow.. we brought in dinner at a nice place we havent beent o ina long time..   it was  good but not as good as the place we REALLY like but it was closer.. =/ oh well. mostly it was a good day really, can't complain. ( even though i guess i just did LOL )..  lets hope for a good night tonight.. i want to spend time w/ dh ;).... but we;ll see how  my lil sickie is all night though.

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)