Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Such a sad story...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 7 Replies
I shared this on mom confessions also...
I just want everyone that puts their children on the bus to please stress to them even though bus is stopped with all safety equipment on you still have jackasses that don't pay attention. My daughters classmate was struck and killed by a log truck driven by an impaired driver, yes I said impaired. She was only 7 years old. The bus driver, 20 other elementary children, the mom and aunt all witnessed her being hit by this ass and he kept going, never even stopped. He knew he hit something he went completely around the bus. This story has just touched me in so many ways and I cry for this child and her family. You just really never realize how precious life is.

http://www.wral.com/feds-investigating-trucking-company-in-7-year-old-s-hit-and-run-death/12381267/
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

How sad!!

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM

ugh as soon as I saw wral...I am from NC, and I can remember one time a friend of mine was dragged by a car because the car failed to stop while the kids were crossing the street. 

So terrible, my heart and prayers go out to that family. 

Maemae2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Quoting honeydewmommy:

ugh as soon as I saw wral...I am from NC, and I can remember one time a friend of mine was dragged by a car because the car failed to stop while the kids were crossing the street. 

So terrible, my heart and prayers go out to that family. 

It is very sad. I have found out that everything is paid for from the community, which I feel is a blessing so that's something the family doesn't have to worry about. My daughter wants to go to wake tonight but I'm skeptical shes only been to one funeral her great aunt's. I guess it would help with her grieving process.
MySweetChild
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Oh my goodness, this is so extremely sad!!  My heart breaks for them, sending prayers & thoughts!  We need to squeeze our LO extra tight each & every day!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM

How sad.

Maemae2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quoting MySweetChild:

Oh my goodness, this is so extremely sad!!  My heart breaks for them, sending prayers & thoughts!  We need to squeeze our LO extra tight each & every day!

Yes you never know when it's your last day. I feel so bad for them. The bus driver can't even drive the bus anymore it has really hurt her.
MySweetChild
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I just cannot imagine!

Quoting Maemae2012:

Quoting MySweetChild:

Yes you never know when it's your last day. I feel so bad for them. The bus driver can't even drive the bus anymore it has really hurt her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)