Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Could Go Back in Time....

If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 16 year old self?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
HappyMommyToo
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Hang in there, be strong, God is with you and everything turns out ok.
JackieG.W
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:14 AM
All the above,dnt rush being grown,college,having fun,and not having a huge responsibilty and not be worried about these crazy men
bear2973
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM

finish school...your mother is a grown-ass woman and can get off said ass, get her own damned job, and pay her own damned bills. also, don't turn down the Baylor scholarship cause of misplaced since of needing to take care of what's left of your family. As my daughter has said since she was about 6: i wanna job where i wear make-up, work in air conditioning, and wear pretty clothes. Need the training/degree to achieve that goal, girl, so finish high school and get some college training!!

emaylerocks76
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that would be a big order. But you know what? I do not think I would give my self anyadvice. However if that was the sole purpose of going back in time, it would be to finish my Doctorate in law right away instead of waiting until I am nearly 40!  I would leave everything else the same.  Why? Because my 16 year old self would not pay attention to much more. 

reche1978
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

have more fun in life, move out sooner and try harder in school.  Talk to my brother about his drinking and do an intervention on him

butterbean491
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I would love to say that I would change so many things that occurred through the years. For good or bad I am who I am today because of the past. I've learned from mistakes, and boy did I make my share. So, as hard as some of those lessons were, I don't know that I would change a thing.
1squishysmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

invest in microsoft.

whitleypittman
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Don't skip comsotology just because you can. It will bite you later.

LOVES67
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Not to give up on ur dreams and enjoy life and never give up..
USMCwife0530
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM
This exactly! Except I didn't have a child so soon but I did get married at 18. I don't regret marrying my dh but I regret marrying so young. We should've dated longer than we did.

Quoting sweetr0se:

I would tell myself that if I would have studied hard I could have went to college and made something of myself! Also not to get married and have a child so soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)