Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've never once EVER heard a mom say how she wished she never had that second child.

I had a son with my first marriage almost 5 years ago. Now I'm happily remarried and new hubby would like a kid of his own and I know I should give my son a sibling.

But I just don't know if I'm cut out for it. I see people all the time that have two kid and they still work their full time jobs and are happy. And then I see moms that have two kids and they are SAHM and they still make it on one income.

I've double checked every senerio (me working or staying home) and I'm still scared to death. Will I ever be ready for a second kid? I kind of want to go ahead and try and just DO IT already but............. what is it like? Is it easier having two kids? How does your heart feel loving TWO kids? Are you overly stressed? My son is old enough to help out and he's self sufficent so it's not like I'll have two babies....but any advice from mommy's of two angels?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (31-38):
Swittig
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i have a 8 yr old and a 2 yr old and prego again with my third.. it was hard at first just getting the hang of having two and dividing my time but now its just a daily thing!! Is it stressful at times yes!! Is it worth it when u see the love they share yes.. I hope what ever decision u make is the right one for u..Most ppl are scared to add another one big changes but once u do u will enjoy it

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM

When I had just one you think how can you possibly have love for anyone or anything else, when you have a second or third you realize that you can love another just as much.

Having more than one is harder and more stressfull but I wouldnt change it or have it any other way. They will fight and argue and you will be torn into two different directions, you have two to give attention to. It is not easy but who said life was easy?

I am a single mom of three kids, I work and go to school. I love my children very much and it is hard but I take one day at a time and set future goals to work towards and look foward too. They say 3 is hard than two because you have two hands not three LOL. 

I'm a tattooed, piercing,  fresh eating, animal loving, free spirited, sort of helicopter, FF, CIO, circumcision, vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, non co sleeping, sarcatic, early potty training, snuggling is the best, video gaming, limited tv watching, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, church going, educated, writter, artist, photography, sarcastic kind of mom!

KRIZZ25
dam ppl...
Today at 6:09 AM
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM
i went from 1 to 3 ..it hard but worth it.
Celestial_momma
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM
I have 3 and I love it. I am a SAHM. Money is tight and my husband goes on road trips with his job so we can have extras. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think it's easier having more. If I didn't hate being pregnant so much I'd have a fourth!
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It was way harder at first.  But honestly, it's easier with them being 5 years apart.  My kids are 5.5 years apart.  I stayed home with them both.  Was nice because when my youngest was at her most awfull, she was the only one I dealt with as son was in school.  :)

Jilly79
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 wonderful girls ages 7 & 9. I'm glad I had them close together b/c they are best friends. I think it's the same as one, you just do it. It's like if you had twins, it'd be all you knew. But as a word of caution, I wouldn't depend on help from your child with a baby. He may not want to help and more importantly it's not his job to help take care of a new baby. Good luck in your decision!  I hope it works out for you!

Supermommyof423
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I have two kids of my own. They are very close in age and I like that. I have a 2.5 year old daughter who is almost 3 and a 1 year old son. I can't imagine my life without my two kids. They are my heart. It is harder for me to have two kids than it would be for you since you have an older child. You need to think of how this baby will change your relationship as a family. Not for the bad but for the good. A baby is a miracle. I feel sorry for your husband right now. If u don't stop being selfish u could take the one thing your husband wants. If u didn't want more kids and u knew he did u shouldn't have married him. I fight myself and my hubby with the fact that we want another child so I know how your husband feels.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Two aren't so bad. My kids are 2 months shy of 5 years apart. It can be hard with such an age gap at times. But they are super close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)