Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I've never once EVER heard a mom say how she wished she never had that second child.

I had a son with my first marriage almost 5 years ago. Now I'm happily remarried and new hubby would like a kid of his own and I know I should give my son a sibling.

But I just don't know if I'm cut out for it. I see people all the time that have two kid and they still work their full time jobs and are happy. And then I see moms that have two kids and they are SAHM and they still make it on one income.

I've double checked every senerio (me working or staying home) and I'm still scared to death. Will I ever be ready for a second kid? I kind of want to go ahead and try and just DO IT already but............. what is it like? Is it easier having two kids? How does your heart feel loving TWO kids? Are you overly stressed? My son is old enough to help out and he's self sufficent so it's not like I'll have two babies....but any advice from mommy's of two angels?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Your feelings are normal. I think it's harder at first with more than one child in the house, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

It won't just be you that the youngest one goes to for help. They will go to their sibling as well. 

CafeMom Tickers
xxMichellexx
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My 5th is 4 months old and I wouldn't change a thing:) life is never boring with 5 children, and I never planned on having more than 3 lol..
But God had other plans for me:) and we are truly blessed..
evilbilady
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I have 3 wonderful children that I live to death & I wouldn't change it for the world. They are my life
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Do it if you are ready and want it. You will be the one taking care of it the most. Having one child is much easier than having two or more.
HappyMommyToo
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Its wonderful, exciting and yes, scary at times but it is great. I have a 12 year old, a 7 month old and when he turns 1, we are going to try for our last which will be his second.
butterbean491
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Well, I really can't help you yet. Second baby due in June. I will say that I think what your going through is normal. I really wanted to wait much longer before having baby #2. She's kinda of a surprise. I go into panic mode sometimes thinking about how I'm going to make everything work with a newborn and a rowdy 18mth old. I see mom's do it everyday so I know I can too. I also have two stepchildren, but they are older 12 and 15. They are a big help. 

sky2413
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 but the jump from one to two was horrifying. For me it was the age.My older one was was like yours out of diapers,sleeping all night,talking,and all those things that are baby.What if I forgot what to do,or what if I couldn't love the next one as much etc..Relax a lot of it depends on your older childs disposition .Somedays you wonder what the heck you were thinking but THEN there are those days where you know deep in your heart it was all worth it.BTW somedays even with one you wonder what was I thinking. For those of you who want to flame me fo that last statement, either 1 get real or 2 just wait it'll happen

sdbcoach
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone has a limit. Whether you want a child with your new husband or not - that is a choice you make together. Children are a gift and a miracle. Trying to figure out how they will fit into your life "before" they are here is pointless. I have four. The first three were all five years apart & I was a SAHM for a while. It was good that the oldest was able to be helpful. Then the last two were 24 months apart. Not easy, but doable. I worked from home for 15 years too. In other words, life happens on the way to the bank. Going with the flow makes things much easier. Try one day at a time - after you've decided. You don't just "have" children. They are all amazing individuals and all different - even with the same parents. Best of luck. Listen to your heart, not your fear.

MRamos18
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Do what you think is BEST for you NOT anyone else. Is it going to be hard at first yessss like everything in life until you get the hang of it..

MRamos18
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM

That is sooo... True the thing is that some people don't know how to say it the way it is. They don't want people to look at them as bad mothers but that's life it has its bad and good the same with kids. You do love them to death but they can be a lot of work at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN