Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you lie?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 26 Replies

I am stuggling with something so I thought I would ask your opinion on this.

Do you think it is ever okay to tell a lie?
What if it is just a little white lie? In your mind is a little white lie just as bad as an all out bold faced lie?

Do you lie?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I think a white lie is just as bad. Personally it will end up coming back on you, and you hurt the ones that love you, or even friends. 

MJP76
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I think there are exceptions. For example

Weve told DD not to expect any gifts from us for her birthday, because the party was her gift from us. That's all we could afford. In reality, we actually spent 250.00 on. A special FX make-up kit for her. We told her that, because we want her to be really surprised...

but as far as lies, in any other aspect of life, no I don't think it's ok. If I look fat in a dress, please tell me. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

When my dd asked if Santa is real, I say of course he's real. My insecure friend asks me if I like her new haircut, yes it's cute, even though I'm thinking god dang! So yeah I lie. Important things, in the adult world, people have learned not to ask me stuff because I am brutally honest.

abecee
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Yes

KW1280
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I try to be honest but I dont like to hurt feelings
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I try my best not to lie about anything.
Vix920
by Vickie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'm really bad at lying, so I typically don't. Sometimes I tell little white lies, of course, like, "Santa Claus is real" and "I have something else going on that night." But when it matters, never.

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM
My parents did that to me a child. I think it's awful. I was devastated and when I got the gift I felt guilty and it wasn't as enjoyable. Even when my mom reassured me it was affordable for them. Just my own experience.

Quoting MJP76:

I think there are exceptions. For example

Weve told DD not to expect any gifts from us for her birthday, because the party was her gift from us. That's all we could afford. In reality, we actually spent 250.00 on. A special FX make-up kit for her. We told her that, because we want her to be really surprised...

but as far as lies, in any other aspect of life, no I don't think it's ok. If I look fat in a dress, please tell me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Ya

Quoting Vix920:

I'm really bad at lying, so I typically don't. Sometimes I tell little white lies, of course, like, "Santa Claus is real" and "I have something else going on that night." But when it matters, never.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Everyone lies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)