Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am stuggling with something so I thought I would ask your opinion on this.

Do you think it is ever okay to tell a lie?
What if it is just a little white lie? In your mind is a little white lie just as bad as an all out bold faced lie?

Do you lie?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-26):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I try not to lie at all to anyone.

Watch Liar, Liar.

It will open your eyes. There are reasons that white lies are called white lies.

CafeMom Tickers
Diane1223
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM

True! Wow.....$250 on a Make up kit???? How old is she?

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

My parents did that to me a child. I think it's awful. I was devastated and when I got the gift I felt guilty and it wasn't as enjoyable. Even when my mom reassured me it was affordable for them. Just my own experience.

Quoting MJP76:

I think there are exceptions. For example

Weve told DD not to expect any gifts from us for her birthday, because the party was her gift from us. That's all we could afford. In reality, we actually spent 250.00 on. A special FX make-up kit for her. We told her that, because we want her to be really surprised...

but as far as lies, in any other aspect of life, no I don't think it's ok. If I look fat in a dress, please tell me. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM
:)

Quoting Diane1223:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

My parents did that to me a child. I think it's awful. I was devastated and when I got the gift I felt guilty and it wasn't as enjoyable. Even when my mom reassured me it was affordable for them. Just my own experience.

Quoting MJP76:

Weve told DD not to expect any gifts from us for her birthday, because the party was her gift from us. That's all we could afford. In reality, we actually spent 250.00 on. A special FX make-up kit for her. We told her that, because we want her to be really surprised...

but as far as lies, in any other aspect of life, no I don't think it's ok. If I look fat in a dress, please tell me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

What is true? She's going to be 16, and it's a special FX (effects) make-up kit. I said that. If you don't have a clue what that is, take a minute to google. 250.00 is not a lot for a special FX make-up kit. Most of them run in the 500.00 range.

Quoting Diane1223:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting MJP76:

LOVES67
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Everyone lies in there life, but I try not to
Supermommyof423
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I don't lie. Its a complete waste of time. A lie is a lie. You can't sugar coat it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN