Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do your kids get to school?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 33 Replies

How do your  kids get to school?
Are your kids walkers or bike riders?Are they bus'ed or do you drop them off?

If they walk or ride their bikes, at what age did they start doing that?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM
The bus comes at 5:58 am, he walks to the bus stop at 5:50am, he's 16 and has always taken the bus though it hasn't always been this early lol
GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Oh wow!! That is so early. Poor kid...lol

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

The bus comes at 5:58 am, he walks to the bus stop at 5:50am, he's 16 and has always taken the bus though it hasn't always been this early lol

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM
The HS is 13 miles away, he's pretty used to waking up early, the middle & elementary schools aren't much closer.

Quoting GleeFan:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I think it is great that he rises early. He'll probably never be late for work when he is an adult.
I keep thinking about my kid who insists on '5  more minutes mom, just 5 more minutes' every morning...lol  

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

The HS is 13 miles away, he's pretty used to waking up early, the middle & elementary schools aren't much closer.

Quoting GleeFan:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM
She catches the bus at about 7:47 am. Or sometimes I will take her.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My dd's school is on the way to my dh's job so he drops her off.

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Our oldest DS said that rising early always sucked until Marine bootcamp, then he realized how gratefull he was for all those years of early mornings
LOL!! I get 5 more minutes mom, but on the weekends, I'm all but Punkin' you've already slept in an extra 3 hours!! He's always UGH!! It's only 8:15!!!!!!!!!

Quoting GleeFan:

I think it is great that he rises early. He'll probably never be late for work when he is an adult.
I keep thinking about my kid who insists on '5  more minutes mom, just 5 more minutes' every morning...lol  

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Quoting GleeFan:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

AJsMom81507
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM

DS was driven at 2, bussed at 3 & 4, at 5 he is a walker or if its cold or rainy i drive him.. next year at 6 i will bus him when it rains or when its cold and he will walk when its nice

k1kelley
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM

DS now 16 was driven, he started riding the bus in the 6th grade, DD who is 6 usually rides the bus. Walking or riding their bikes is not an option.

undrcvrmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 kids in 4 different schools and they all take a different form of transportation.  The oldest is 16 and in high school she takes the city bus, my 10 year old walks to the middle school behind us, my 6 year old takes the school bus to kindergarten and my 4 year old is driven to preschool.........phew.  It was hectic the first few weeks of school but I am used it now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)